shooting rail skirt
    Member #

shooting rail skirt

hey everyone,i will be hunting out of a ladder stand this year and i bought a guide gear shooting rail and the skirt will be made from the camo burlap i would like to know how long the skirt should be, it is at 45 inches now should i cut it down or just leave it,if you can help me out please let me know.thank you.

Member #
    why cut it. ? if it covers your mid downnto your legs id say thats good. i would try to get the burlap outside asap. the burlap tends to be stinky like keeroscene oils. i think wallymart n such sell camo mesh material fairly cheap too. i usually dont put skirts on anymore. the big blocky outline makes it easy for thieves to see your stand from awys off. ive found for break upcover you can just get a 3d leaffy jacket or poncho that is meshy material a few sizes bigger so you can wear warmer cloths inder and just use the leafy camo over top as cover. another secret is to leave a dummy of stuffed pants and shirts and a hat up in your stand to get the deer use to it when not hunting. ive even herd of guys leavin dummies with flourescent orange hats and vests so other hunters wont trounce on through an area when your not there.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    why cut it. ? if it covers your mid downnto your legs id say thats good. i would try to get the burlap outside asap. the burlap tends to be stinky like keeroscene oils. i think wallymart n such sell camo mesh material fairly cheap too. i usually dont put skirts on anymore. the big blocky outline makes it easy for thieves to see your stand from awys off. ive found for break upcover you can just get a 3d leaffy jacket or poncho that is meshy material a few sizes bigger so you can wear warmer cloths inder and just use the leafy camo over top as cover. another secret is to leave a dummy of stuffed pants and shirts and a hat up in your stand to get the deer use to it when not hunting. ive even herd of guys leavin dummies with flourescent orange hats and vests so other hunters wont trounce on through an area when your not there.
    +1

Sponsors