Want to take alittle poll...
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jumpthestring
  • 1 Post By Pintail

Thread: Want to take alittle poll...

Member #

Want to take alittle poll...

How many here hunt on private land in relation to public..I myself have hunted on private land from 10 to 18 years old.. then public for about 3 then back to private for about 3 now back to public .. I hunt basically the pequest... anybody else?

Member #
    I'm near the request area, probably going to take a look into hunting there next year. I know my dad used to hunt that area and said he used to see a lot of deer, that was 20 some years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Member #
    I hunted the family farm for 30 plus years . If you call a 550 acres alpha field with a pond , apple trees and woods hunting.
    I went to private land in West Milford when they cut 98 % of the woods down on the farm. That i hunted for about 5 more years until i moved to South Central Jersey.
    I have hunted the pine lands for about 6 years now and still going ( public)
    I AM SUCH AN IDIOT I NEVER KNEW HOW GOOD THE FARM WAS AND ASSUMED IT WAS ALWAYS EASY TO KILL DEER IN 4 HOURS

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I hunted private for 15 yrs and now I hunt just public. to be honest I been hunting over 40 yrs and really don't care if I get one or not. at this stage of the game I am just happy to get out in the woods and enjoy mother nature .
    Treestandman and hunterbob1 like this.

Member #
    I have hunted 29 seasons now. I hunted only public land until 3 years ago. now I only hunt private land. Not sure if I could ever deer hunt on public land again. Had some bad experiences in Jackson deer hunting

Member #
    Going through my 48th season this year. Public land has been my place to hunt with no regrets. Like anything worth while, if you put your time in you will be successful.
    Treestandman likes this.

Member #
    63 years here both public and private in NJ. Public in Pa and NY

Member #
    Started public.. Through the years been back and forth private and public. Now I am private only and the only 1 to hunt if. Which is very nice.

Member #
    Lost most of my private spots, so now hunting public + private

Member #
    private is nice but...you think your the only one to hunt a private piece. i bet there always will be quick drives and people looking for there lost pets. ive found arrows and gut piles. it seams the shady people that do this know how to and know when your not around. just like deer hunting they pattern you and take liberties. ive had people sneek into my bait piles that i set up for family members. i dont know who taught these people but they will probly always be like this. i just ran into a person that says if he finds a stand he will hunt it as long as nobody is in it. how about asking first. ?

Sponsors