fall trout
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By hunterbob1

Thread: fall trout

Member #

fall trout

hey everyone,i will be going fall trout fishing this will be my first time i would like to know is the limit the same as spring i will be going to verona park if you have any info please let me know.thanks.

Member #
    The limit drops to 4 fish per person per day on June 1st every year and remains at that until Opening Day the following April. Been that way for years, and all of this info is readily available in the Regs booklet and on the Div. website.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    The limit drops to 4 fish per person per day on June 1st every year and remains at that until Opening Day the following April. Been that way for years, and all of this info is readily available in the Regs booklet and on the Div. website.
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Cornrow,I lived in Nutley for 55 year's I'm retired,now live in Clinton. Boy you brought back memories. Fished there ALOT.Parked up on pleasant valley way,walk down to the lake,fished under the willow across from the boat house...3'-4'..6# Fluorocarbon leader.Size 10..1/8 oz. egg sinker,crimp a tiny split shot 1'to 1 1/2' above hook to keep sinker from sliding down.Tie an improved cinch knot 8 turns onto a number 10 short shank hook.I used power bait paste in a jar..roll into a ball almost the size of a marble so it floats,sqeeze an roll to cover hook completely... Color varies,get yourself chartreuse.. pink..orange and corn yellow, watch it used to be some big carp in there.lol..I also had great success with threading a mealee worm on the hook fished bottom and 12" to 14" below a small bobber.Optimal fishing time is 2 to 3 hours after first light and last 3 hour's.. Next cast away careful not to snag someone's dog behind you.lol...I used to use a stick with a y top to hold up the rod from the ground,later I fashioned my own out of HEAVY clothes hanger wire,length not too short not too long,about 12" s suffices. I liked the y ending up bout 6" s From the ground,on a breezy day less line in the air the better!After you cast an the bait settles SLOWLY reel out the slack,place rod butt on ground and rod in holder 3' from tip assuming your using a 5' ultralight. I leave the bail open.This trick takes a little practice but if place a small pebble on twig on the line to keep line on ground,BE PATIENT!!! Let it sit average 1/2 hour or longer.,when a trout picks up your bait and runs your line will release from pebble/trig with no resistance fish will hold on and not drop bait...QUICK set hook gently,FISH ON..Woo Hoo..Have fun and Good Luck!
    Tight Line's
    Sincerely,
    Bob
    cornrow18, longbow and slughunter like this.
    “I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together.” –John Burroughs

Member #
    dont think you need a fall trout stamp yet. state is too busy making hunters pay for everything.

Member #
    Fall trout fishing does require the trout stamp. It's good for the calendar year.

Sponsors