Got 3 tickets
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Got 3 tickets

Member #

Got 3 tickets

Hi everybody, on Monday night I harvested my first button buck. Or so I thought. I have been hunting since about 2006, I have never broken hunting laws nor have I ever seen a conservation officer. I've taken about 20 deer throughout the years again with no problems. while hunting in Hopewell I got a call Tuesday afternoon from one of the officers telling me that my name came up in a lottery to check the deer that I harvested on Monday. I told him which butcher the deer was at he went said that the antlers were five inches not three like I told him. He drove to my house with the head but I was not home. He called asked if I was on the way home or what time I was coming home. I told him I was at a school function with my family but if I needed to come home I would. He told me I was being honest with him and he left the summons is in my mailbox. Well when I got home I was shocked to see three summonses$124 a piece basically all three were for the same thing. Failure to correctly register deer. I did have a buck tag which he took. I am thinking about going to court to ask the prosecutor and or judge to combine all three into one. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas. I have reached out to a lawyer service that I have through US law Shield I have not heard back from him yet.

Member #
    ouch! so you were allowed to shoot a buck in that area at that time? That would make it improper tagging? / reporting?

Member #
    Only go to court with a lawyer! Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    i don't know your specifics or whether you should try to fight it or not. I do know that when you go to traffic court, you meet with DA/prosecutor and in exchange for pleading guilty, they reduce the fine &/or points.

I know that regular municipal court judges are clueless when it comes to F&W violations. your so chance is as good as you can convince the judge.

since none of the tickets were for safety issues, the 3 count as one when it comes to possible suspensions. they will be combined and count as one incident. if you get another non-safety violation in 5 years of when these tickets are adjudicated, they suspense your license. so aside from the money, 3 or 1, counts the same. some municipal programs do not allow hunters who have had a violation for x number of years.

Member #
    Hi everybody, on Monday night I harvested my first button buck.
    Sorry, I'm a little confused. How can a 5" spike be mistaken for a button head?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    i don't know your specifics or whether you should try to fight it or not. I do know that when you go to traffic court, you meet with DA/prosecutor and in exchange for pleading guilty, they reduce the fine &/or points.

I know that regular municipal court judges are clueless when it comes to F&W violations. your so chance is as good as you can convince the judge.

since none of the tickets were for safety issues, the 3 count as one when it comes to possible suspensions. they will be combined and count as one incident. if you get another non-safety violation in 5 years of when these tickets are adjudicated, they suspense your license. so aside from the money, 3 or 1, counts the same. some municipal programs do not allow hunters who have had a violation for x number of years.
    I was thinking about going for this very reason. Just save money on tickets

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzecollector View Post
    Hi everybody, on Monday night I harvested my first button buck.
    Sorry, I'm a little confused. How can a 5" spike be mistaken for a button head?
    I meant it was under 3" which would make it antlerless. I'm 99 percent I measured right or very close. I'm will to say I was wrong but not $375 wrong..

Member #
    I meant it was under 3" which would make it antlerless. I'm 99 percent I measured right or very close. I'm will to say I was wrong but not $375 wrong
    So how exactly did you tag it? Button buck, Male with antlers under 3" or doe?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzecollector View Post
    I meant it was under 3" which would make it antlerless. I'm 99 percent I measured right or very close. I'm will to say I was wrong but not $375 wrong
    So how exactly did you tag it? Button buck, Male with antlers under 3" or doe?
    as a button buck, which I now no it should of been antlers under 3. I'm not saying I'm right. I just feel one ticket is enough. especially considering all the money I've spent over the years on licenses that I did not use..

Member #
    The problem is people do that all the time in order to fill the freezer without using up their buck tag or taking a doe until after the rut. You took a gamble and got caught, now you pay the price.
    Dlouis, toxo, Bmarshhunt and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors