Got 3 tickets - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Got 3 tickets

Member #
    why do we need to have the CO-S cell number? is it because of the multiple posts through the years where people have tried to report things and days til or never get back? id be more suspicious of the people that do have personal phone numbers outside of what the normal process is. the person couldnt meet because they were out with the family. whats wrong with meeting up the next day. just sounds like it was easier to shove tickets in a mailbox. if youve read you compendium youd see its loaded with interpetations. on a personal level the butcher couldda called the person and said you didnt fill this out right too. i still say you should have the right to know if this was random or know if you were accused and what the random process is. id like to know.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    why do we need to have the CO-S cell number? is it because of the multiple posts through the years where people have tried to report things and days til or never get back? id be more suspicious of the people that do have personal phone numbers outside of what the normal process is. the person couldnt meet because they were out with the family. whats wrong with meeting up the next day. just sounds like it was easier to shove tickets in a mailbox. if youve read you compendium youd see its loaded with interpetations. on a personal level the butcher couldda called the person and said you didnt fill this out right too. i still say you should have the right to know if this was random or know if you were accused and what the random process is. id like to know.
    I am in my 46th year hunting and have the CO's number in my phone. I have only used it once. That was last year. I shot a buck on last day of bow season. Well, I jumped it again at noontime (only got one lung because of angle). I called in a dog tracker (Paul and Dallas who I also have in my phone and have only called this one time). Well sure enough Dallas flushed that buck and we watched him barely get to a thicket in the middle of a field. I knew he would die there if we left him lay. I retrieved the buck the next morning- opening day of extended permit season. I used the call to CO on friday and gave her Paul's info to verify the buck was shot that day and I would let the buck die overnight. I wanted to make sure I used the CORRECT tag when calling it in. Since the deer was shot during fall bow you tag it with fall tag even though recovered next day during permit bow. I thought I knew that answer but wanted to make sure. The OP just played willy nilly with the rules.
    There is nothing random about what happened. Hunter called in antlerless deer and showed up at butcher with a buck. Butcher notifies CO about this and CO investigates and writes tickets. Pretty plain and simple on how it all works and how it all went down.

Member #
    nope guess you need to go back n read. he was checked according to the co as a lottery case. i guess his lawyer could find out if it was random or the butcher calling it in and the co just making it up to move forward on tickets. if the co doesnt have proof it was a lottery id say he might get it dissmissed.a lottery is a system by where the entered are picked from an outcome and not suspicion.with your deelemma it sounds like you were more worried about getting another tag for a buck. if you found the deer dead the next day i guess youd have to prove it.in your case you made a call but keepin mind anyone can do that. in the old days they could look at pupils or something and tell when the deer died but i dont know how technical they get today. if you tracked it the next day and it was still alive and you fiinshed it off id say youd have to use the extended license and bucko tag otherwise youd be in doo doo also. if i were in the same deal id buy the zone permit and buck tag before tracking to be safe and so if you had to finnsih him off it be legal and use the extended tag not the fall permit. to wait a deer out that you kicked up or dog tracked would be wrong to me. finish him off quickly is what is the right thing to do and not worry if you have to burn a tag.
    Last edited by Treestandman; 10-07-2019 at 08:03 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    nope guess you need to go back n read. he was checked according to the co as a lottery case. i guess his lawyer could find out if it was random or the butcher calling it in and the co just making it up to move forward on tickets. if the co doesnt have proof it was a lottery id say he might get it dissmissed.a lottery is a system by where the entered are picked from an outcome and not suspicion.with your deelemma it sounds like you were more worried about getting another tag for a buck. if you found the deer dead the next day i guess youd have to prove it.in your case you made a call but keepin mind anyone can do that. in the old days they could look at pupils or something and tell when the deer died but i dont know how technical they get today. if you tracked it the next day and it was still alive and you fiinshed it off id say youd have to use the extended license and bucko tag otherwise youd be in doo doo also. if i were in the same deal id buy the zone permit and buck tag before tracking to be safe and so if you had to finnsih him off it be legal and use the extended tag not the fall permit. to wait a deer out that you kicked up or dog tracked would be wrong to me. finish him off quickly is what is the right thing to do and not worry if you have to burn a tag.
    I never heard of some lottery bs on checking deer. I do know butchers will call CO if deer does not match what was called in everytime. The CO probably used the lottery bs to protect the butcher. And it does not matter how he came to investigate- the investigation turned up to prove the OP was wrong. Why are you so hung up on how the investigation started? It has no bearing on the outcome. If there was this lottery-- well obviously thats legal. If the butcher called it in-- again thats legal. So how would you think he could beat this?

Member #
    Simple, admit to making a mistake and ask to a merger of the summonses.
    shootemandmountem likes this.
    " Trout don't rise in the cemetery, so fish while you're able."
    A word to the wise......is not necessary, save it for the stupid ones!

Member #
    because if the co lied and it wasnt a lottery then a co could go after anyone at anytime and make up stuff. to obtain the info wrongfully i think the judge might dismiss it.im not a lawyer but just giving ideas on how can fight it.i believe he was honest.i also think he was wromg but not 3 tickets worth especially with a spotless past history. in other words i worked at a place wirth random drug testing. the same couple workers were magically picked everytime. the manager was picking whoever he felt. guess what he dont workj there anymore.

Member #
    First, how do you prove he said lottery. Second maybe the lottery picked the butcher and his illegal poached deer just happened to be there and third it makes no difference. The deer was taken illegally an tagged illegally, end of story. Go to court, pile on as much bullshit as you can and take what you get like a man.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzecollector View Post
    First, how do you prove he said lottery. Second maybe the lottery picked the butcher and his illegal poached deer just happened to be there and third it makes no difference. The deer was taken illegally an tagged illegally, end of story. Go to court, pile on as much bullshit as you can and take what you get like a man.
    I DID NOT POACH a deer. I had all my permits. I tagged it based on a wrong measurement. End of story...

Member #
    There should be the one charge of using the wrong tag on the deer, it's not like you shot a second buck, I'd ask for a merger from the prosecutor, again my opinion, I'm not your lawyer.
    slayer1962 and hunterbob1 like this.
    " Trout don't rise in the cemetery, so fish while you're able."
    A word to the wise......is not necessary, save it for the stupid ones!

Member #
    it's not like you shot a second buck
    Not yet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsors