Got 3 tickets - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Got 3 tickets

Member #
    To let you know the antler lenght is measured from the top of the antler post to the end of the antler. evidently you must have registered a legal buck as an antlerless deer if soyou are definetly wrong. talk to the prosecutor and ask for a combination of the charges. I am not an attorney and this is not "legal advise" just my opinion.
    shootemandmountem likes this.
    " Trout don't rise in the cemetery, so fish while you're able."
    A word to the wise......is not necessary, save it for the stupid ones!

Member #
    under 3"is tagged as a doe antlerless ,you got caught tagging a spike as a antlerless trying to save your buck tag .glad butcher sold you out .you deserve the three tickets.
    That is INCORRECT, under 3" is tagged as a buck under 3" not as a doe.

Dominant Buck shootemandmountem's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    I meant it was under 3" which would make it antlerless. I'm 99 percent I measured right or very close. I'm will to say I was wrong but not $375 wrong..
    Under 3" is not antler less. They got you with the 3 tickets. My 2 cents, you sound like a new hunter? If this is the case, be honest and tell the prosecutor you didn't understand the laws as outlined in the digest and F**KED UP and you own it. Is there anything they can do. But just imagine if everyone made this, (mistake!)
    deadonshot likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemandmountem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    I meant it was under 3" which would make it antlerless. I'm 99 percent I measured right or very close. I'm will to say I was wrong but not $375 wrong..
    Under 3" is not antler less. They got you with the 3 tickets. My 2 cents, you sound like a new hunter? If this is the case, be honest and tell the prosecutor you didn't understand the laws as outlined in the digest and F**KED UP and you own it. Is there anything they can do. But just imagine if everyone made this, (mistake!)
    from the digest, " adult male deer with antlers less than three inches are considered antlerless deer"

Member #
    I registered the deer as a Buck the only thing I am guilty of or mistaken was the measurement. Let's not forget I still had a legal tag in my pocket at the very moment that the officer called me. I was not looking to keep a buck tag with three weeks left in the season and no sign of any other bucks in my area. Let's make this clear I am not a Trophy Hunter I do this for the love of Outdoors ,to honor an uncle and provide for my family.
    Treestandman likes this.

Member #
    i think banggin you with 3 tickets is over the top. especially after explaining yourself. just makin money. i watch those warden shows on tv and some of those caught really screwed up and they get a ... justa dont do it again most times and then they help them load the deer in the truck. treated like royalty and good vibes all around. after all we all mnake mistakes. 1 ticket and a proper explaiation should have been enough. i mean your not shootin deer to sell them at the back woods gas mart like they did back in the day.good luck with getting this taken care of and i wouldjust move on.

Member #
    digest says any deer without one antler length of 3"or greater is considered a antlerless deer ....page 32

Member #
    and 3 weeks from now the roads sides will be littered with spikes and scrubbys. only difference is that one cost a couple hundred.guy was honest i think better discretion shouldda been had giving the fines but hey at least it wasnt 4 tickets.
    Last edited by Treestandman; 10-06-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Member #
    Many of the game laws are full of ambiguity, leaving a well thought out explanation the only way to win out. Not going to meet with the Co is what got you three tickets. Had you met face to face and explained your mistake it may have had a better turnout. The courts may not be so considerate? Live and learn........

Member #
    First it is your responsibility to know the game laws and abide by them. The next is the butcher has a business to run/protect and is going to contact the CO any time your deer does not match what is called in. So I am sure the butcher did what he is obligated to do. I am not judging if you intentionally broke the law or not but you got what you deserved. If you are true in your words then go to court and explain what happened, admit your mistakes along the way and show your remorse. You may get a pleasant surprise of getting dismissed or you may still have to pay three tickets. But either way you will show your character. And in the end, get that CO cell # and promise to call if you ever have any questions regarding any laws in the future. Turn this experience into a positive outcome.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsors