Got 3 tickets - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Got 3 tickets

Member #
    did you buy your tape measue from a doller store. i know those buggers are off sometimes. the good news is that in like 2 weeks you can just buy another buck tag. fall archery is only like 3 weeks long in most zones anyway. so the state will get more of your money. in the future i wouldnt play the 3 inch rule.id shoot a doe . confusing a button with a male 3 inches or or under is really not a mistake i believe .maybe just being lazy with your deffanition that caught up with you but im sure youve learned now.i think a real dishonest person would have concealled the lengfth by breking it off or something so i think you were honest thinking it was close to 3 inches. i also think the officer should have to prove that this was random like he said or if it was a call in say by your butcher. your still wrong but if this really wasnt random i bet you could get it dismissed as a officer bet you just cant make up stuff to write a ticket. does nayone know how hunters are picked? is it a giant wheel or something.
    Last edited by Treestandman; 10-03-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Member #
    Personally I think you got what you deserved and I am glad to see CO doing his job. If it was only a hundred dollar fine more people would roll the dice. There is no mistaking 5" for under 3" and I don't care what ruler you use.
    toxo and Bmarshhunt like this.

Member #
    i have been a prosecutor my whole career and have handled many of these cases. go to court first without an atty(since an atty will cost you more than the tickets will) talk to the prosec, propose to plead G to one explain how the others are the same
    odds are he will take your plea offer, if not ask for an adjournment to get an atty
    trickey part with fish and game violations are you get a suspension and later revocation after a certain amount of violations

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Dominant Buck shootemandmountem's Avatar
    Member #
    That's a expensive mistake for sure. Tough call on a court appearance. What exactly were the 3 separate tickets?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemandmountem View Post
    That's a expensive mistake for sure. Tough call on a court appearance. What exactly were the 3 separate tickets?
    falsely tag a deer, falsely register a deer, failed to complete buck stub

Member #
    Hate to say it but more than likely someone dropped a dime on you... a button is an honest mistake a spike is not, you shouldn’t shoot a button buck or a spike they are both no no’s....I am sorry for your situation but you are in fact guilty lol, just take it on the chin, pay your fines, and get yourself a nice redemption buck during permit! Good luck 👍🏻

Member #
    a button buck does not have antlers ? ? ?
    shootemandmountem likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by NutleySigns View Post
    a button buck does not have antlers ? ? ?
    I know I took a spike not a button buck. When I logged it in I didn't realize button buck and spike under 3 inches are two different line items.

Member #
    under 3"is tagged as a doe antlerless ,you got caught tagging a spike as a antlerless trying to save your buck tag .glad butcher sold you out .you deserve the three tickets.
    toxo likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by grunts View Post
    under 3"is tagged as a doe antlerless ,you got caught tagging a spike as a antlerless trying to save your buck tag .glad butcher sold you out .you deserve the three tickets.
    I understand why you would think that, but that just isn't the case.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors