South Mountain Essex Cty Archery Range
    Member #

South Mountain Essex Cty Archery Range

I have called the Parks Commission but still no reply.They used to allow you to shoot there. Do they still allow you to shoot at their archery range in South Mountain?

Member #
    is that the reservation? my buddy spent alotta time there in the 70-s they had folk concerts and everything. he never said anything aboit archery very nice if they do but insurance and liabilties probly did it in.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    is that the reservation? my buddy spent alotta time there in the 70-s they had folk concerts and everything. he never said anything aboit archery very nice if they do but insurance and liabilties probly did it in.
    I saw two guys shooting in one of the fields with a parking lot coming back from the doctors today. They had a range up there up to i think five years ago.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    guy i know bragged about seeing the lennon sisters in concert at south mountain reservation. dont know anything about them but the way he talks about them probly the led zepplin of theres day.

Member #
    I used to shoot there where now is a Parking lot for the zoo.
    now is almost impossible due the amount of cars parked there, I didn't go to shoot there these last two years. Last time I went it was at 6 am where it was empty.
    I remember also, those weird looks from people around (joggers, hikers), like if I was doing something illegal or wrong. I assume it would be easier in winter.
    As far I know is still a "public range" but I would call again, probably things changed due the need for more parking lot and space for festivals.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

"...Be water, my friend.”

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    guy i know bragged about seeing the lennon sisters in concert at south mountain reservation. dont know anything about them but the way he talks about them probly the led zepplin of theres day.
    WTF does this have to do with ANYTHING ???????? Do they still allow you to shoot at South Mountain Reservation??????

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by estimator View Post
    WTF does this have to do with ANYTHING ???????? Do they still allow you to shoot at South Mountain Reservation??????
    I would say yes. I would go there to shoot.
    The only thing that changed is 6 years ago was much better, not crowded and easy to do things.
    After the regatta park and zoo expansion and festivals place is crowded. And apparently a lot of people doesn't know that place is a real public archery range. Go early or late. Good luck
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

"...Be water, my friend.”

Sponsors