Sportsman Duel Fuel Generators
    Member #

Sportsman Duel Fuel Generators

Just an fyi to those that might be interested, Home Depot has a few models on sale at what seem like a great price... I ordered a 4000/3500 watt...(model 803266) for $299... Granted these aren't Hondas but seem to have good reviews and I really wanted something propane... I have been pretty lucky with the storms and don't usually lose power for very long, but I am sure my luck will run out eventually... I think I can by with the lower wattage if I alternate the bigger items like fridge, AC, microwave, etc... just have to figure how to wire up the furnace... hope this helps some others out..

Member #
    Nice

Member #
    Central AC is probably not going to run on that size generator . I have the same set up in my house . I run two refrigerator freezers, the heat ( when needed) , a couple lights and my hot water . You can get by nicely with that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    just an fyi, these Sportsmen Generators are total garbage. they are meant as throwaways. i had one that only worked about 40 hours before all the brushes burnt off. worst is no one will work on them and their customer service is non-existant. spend a little more and buy something good that your local guy will work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Mag View Post
    Just an fyi to those that might be interested, Home Depot has a few models on sale at what seem like a great price... I ordered a 4000/3500 watt...(model 803266) for $299... Granted these aren't Hondas but seem to have good reviews and I really wanted something propane... I have been pretty lucky with the storms and don't usually lose power for very long, but I am sure my luck will run out eventually... I think I can by with the lower wattage if I alternate the bigger items like fridge, AC, microwave, etc... just have to figure how to wire up the furnace... hope this helps some others out..

Member #
    just an fyi, these Sportsmen Generators are total garbage. they are meant as throwaways. i had one that only worked about 40 hours before all the brushes burnt off. worst is no one will work on them and their customer service is non-existant. spend a little more and buy something good that your local guy will work on.[/QUOTE]

That sucks to hear it only lasted 40 hrs. I have it now but haven't opened it yet, probably could send it back...would be interested to know a little more about what happened to yours.. (happened recently, was similar wattage/model.. etc) I didn't notice many bad online reviews, maybe didn't look enough

Member #

Sponsors