Bow Tuning
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smashemkid
  • 1 Post By shootemandmountem
  • 1 Post By slayer1962

Thread: Bow Tuning

Member #

Bow Tuning

I am just getting back into archery after a few years of hunting with a crossbow. My eye sight is what made me switch to the crossbow but it is progressively getting worse so I have decided to make the switch to shooting Lefty. I have picked up a used older bow to learn and start practicing and it is in desperate need of a tuning and some strings. I live in Ocean county and use to go to Tips to get my bow tuned and I'm looking for any other good recommendation in the area as I have not heard the best reviews regarding Shooters when it comes to bows.

Member #
    Go-to archerytalk.com. Look for a member named Breathn ( Scott ). He's from PA. Best tuner/string maker this side of the Mississippi. Reasonable and quick turn around.
    If you can't find him let me know and I'll get his contact for you
    LET EM GO SO THEY CAN GROW!!

Member #
    Hello try world class archery and taxidermist Chris is a great friend he will spend time with you to get you all tuned and comfortable shooting your bow. He’s in Jackson 546 Burke rd 732 298 4149. Give him a call
    shootemandmountem likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Dominant Buck shootemandmountem's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smashemkid View Post
    Hello try world class archery and taxidermist Chris is a great friend he will spend time with you to get you all tuned and comfortable shooting your bow. He’s in Jackson 546 Burke rd 732 298 4149. Give him a call
    Yep, will have you set up in no time flat....set me up and my son (who had never shot a bow in his life) , great guy who actually cares!
    mikejd likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for the tip. I live in Manchester and wanted to get my bow checked out. I had it set up without kisser button when i bought it but i think that was a mistake.
    Mathews no cam. I hurt my ribs right after buying it but a year later i think i am ready .
    shootemandmountem likes this.

Member #
    you can also use a regular nock or a single loop not instead of a kisser . the idea is that it touches the tip of your nose as a point of anchor instead of a kisser button touchin side of the mouth.

Sponsors