Trail cameras

Thread: Trail cameras

Member #

Trail cameras

I am going over my trail cameras and stocking up on batteries. I saw a nice racked buck on the parkway yesterday and got fired up.
    I need something to get me motivated for this season. Summer drives me crazy!
    Anyone baiting yet? ( I bait for cameras not really much during the season. )
    I may put a bag or two out over a month during the season

Member #
    Nice

Member #
    Relax Slayer hunting season will get here soon enough . I am very content having a nice cold beer and a good cigar on the deck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I am with you slayer. I am chomping at the bit to get in the woods 15 feet up a tree. I own about 50 trail cams and get 12-15 out for first 4-6 weeks and then go down to a handful once I am dialed in on a few good bucks. I always have one or two set up in some newly scouted spots throughout the season. I have two (sure the batteries died a while ago) I set up in February. One was where I shot my 10 pt on opening day of 6day buck week. I also have the second one set up in a new location that I have not hunted yet. My first camera set up there I did jump a good buck. And several checks of camera revealed several good bucks that survived the seasons including a tight 10pt. So bring on deer season. Let the chess matches begin. Only 2 1/2 months to early bow season.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by deadonshot View Post
    I am with you slayer. I am chomping at the bit to get in the woods 15 feet up a tree. I own about 50 trail cams and get 12-15 out for first 4-6 weeks and then go down to a handful once I am dialed in on a few good bucks. I always have one or two set up in some newly scouted spots throughout the season. I have two (sure the batteries died a while ago) I set up in February. One was where I shot my 10 pt on opening day of 6day buck week. I also have the second one set up in a new location that I have not hunted yet. My first camera set up there I did jump a good buck. And several checks of camera revealed several good bucks that survived the seasons including a tight 10pt. So bring on deer season. Let the chess matches begin. Only 2 1/2 months to early bow season.
    wow 50 trail cameras. i couldnt imagine that. i guess if it sprivote property maybe. i use a few cameras here in there just for fun but i figure during the rut bucks will travel miles. coming out of summer is nice because bucks can almost be patterened in the same spots every nite. thats why i always said openeing day can be the easiest day of the year if your in an area that no pressure. after that its nice cause anything can happen. even the guys that can only spend a little time in the woods have a chance. on another note have cameras gotten any better. i usually waits 3-5 years before getting a new one. every time i get the lasteset new camwra. i run into issues with nite photos or junk picture or ants infested or somethging. i wish theyd get better and also some sort of better bluetooth or wirelss around getting a plan.

Sponsors