NJ Outdoor show this weekend - do you know about this? Any good? New? Discounts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: NJ Outdoor show this weekend - do you know about this? Any good? New? Discounts?

Member #

NJ Outdoor show this weekend - do you know about this? Any good? New? Discounts?

My wife and I like going to different events - the Flower shows, the home shows, the NJ Outdoor Expo that's at Assimpink in the fall, the sporting events up in Suffern, etc.

So I was surprised when I got an email this week from Heritage Guild about Evan Nappen speaking at the Outdoor expo this weekend. I didn't know about this show at all!

Garden State Oudoor Show

In the last few weeks, we've been to Tactical Training a few times, RTSP in Union for the grand opening and a couple months ago at RTSP to hear Evan speak there... and I'm always looking at the bulletin boards / signs and me just thinking I keep up with local events, I totally missed this.

Would anyone know:

Did you know about this show?

Is this a new show?

If not new, have you been there before and how would you rate it compared to the shows in Suffern and Assimpink?

Do you know of any discounts? I see the web / advance sales are $10.75... on site it's $15 and it talks of some sort of $3 credit? (maybe if you pay cash)

Thanks!

Member #
    yes i knew and have gone before . i have not been to the other shows you mentioned. I have been to Harrisburg and it does not compare to that show. Good for fishing stuff , didn't really find any great show deals.
    I have not been back in a couple years.
    Last edited by slayer1962; 01-09-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Member #
    Slay - thanks. I vaguely heard about Harrisburg. Have to look at that one!!

OK I was doing some more searching for discount codes and I saw that the deer classic is going to be here. I had seen an ad for that in the hunting digest and for some reason thought that was a couple weekends away and I missed the small print saying it would be at the outdoor show. But yeah no other ads for the show.

And I saw on the show website it’s the 36th annual. Can’t believe I’ve been missing it all this time

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    This show has gotten really small over the years ...venders come into town and dont sell hunts or trips so its not worth them showing up and spending money for little return...I might go with an old fishing buddy just for old time sake and to catch up !

Member #
    See, I love the serendipity / how 1 thing leads to another...

I saw on this page of the floor plan:

https://www.expocad.com/host/fx/cwme...html#floorplan

And saw 'raritan' and though it was at the convention center in Somerset x10 of 287 (having previously thought it was at the edison convention center.

Checking myself more, it IS at Edison... and the 'other' convention center at x10 of 287 closed... about 1 1/2 years ago. I am falling behind on keeping up on things, but learning new things.

I've gone to the wrong expo center over the years. Now it's easy - there's only 1 place. Edison. Bigger anyway.

Member #
    I have been going to the GSOSS for about 20 years, the show gets smaller and the quality of the show goes down every year, the main reason I go is to hang out with my brother and my nephew for the day and to go to Harrold's Deli afterwards.

I have not been to the Suffern show in over 10 years and always thought the GSOSS show was a little bigger.

I have been going to the Harrisburg show off and on for over 20 years plan on putting a full day or even two, there is a lot to see there.
    Scoops likes this.

Member #
    Just take the entry fee and spend it on beer, you will have a far better time.
    RPK0620 and ELKHUNTJB like this.

Member #
    This is really the Harold's show its the best part of the day and it cheers you up after being totally disappointed by the show.
    CCW UT, FL, AZ, NH

Member:
    NRA
    NJ2AS

Member #
    always enjoy the shamo wow type vendors. reel in a big old pool trout and see the people carryn thatbad boy around in a bag for 2 or 3 hours admission price is bit too high. it should include a pretzle or something for the price. then id go again. Harrisburg is worth the trip every 2 or so years.its a better show but once youve done it a few times my feet still ache from thinking about that concrete farm show floor. ,
    Last edited by Treestandman; 01-09-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    See, I love the serendipity / how 1 thing leads to another...

I saw on this page of the floor plan:

https://www.expocad.com/host/fx/cwme...html#floorplan

And saw 'raritan' and though it was at the convention center in Somerset x10 of 287 (having previously thought it was at the edison convention center.

Checking myself more, it IS at Edison... and the 'other' convention center at x10 of 287 closed... about 1 1/2 years ago. I am falling behind on keeping up on things, but learning new things.

I've gone to the wrong expo center over the years. Now it's easy - there's only 1 place. Edison. Bigger anyway.
    Hey Roger, The GSOS died many years ago. Since you are into serendipity and such, stick to the flower shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors