• 2 Post By tdaly25
  • 1 Post By JMol
  • 1 Post By bucndoe
  • 1 Post By MallardHunter
  • 1 Post By MikeStaten

Thread: Fidelity Investments $$$

Member #

Fidelity Investments $$$

Anyone on here use Fidelity "Advisory Services"? This in not a mutual fund but rather where they trade stocks, bond and EFT's for you on their whim and your investment goals?

Member #
    I use their online portal and maintain retail brokerage accounts with them, though do not use their management services. They have terrific online tools, tremendous access to a broad range of fund families (including MANY waived transaction fees), and relatively inexpensive trading fees. I would def recommend.
    teddrick and The Truth like this.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference and they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."
    --George Washington

"Individualism has come in for an enormous amount of criticism over the years. It still does. It is widely assumed to be synonymous with selfishness...But the main reason why so many people in power have always disliked individualism is because it is individualists who are ever keenest to prevent the abuse of authority."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

Member #
    I have a brokerage account with them but I don't use their Advisory Services. Used to use Scottrade but i like Fidelity much better for the same reasons already mentioned. I also like their layout better, much easy to keep track of the cost basis for each trade, especially for the stocks I plan on keeping for the long run.
    Marine1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tdaly25 View Post
    I use their online portal and maintain retail brokerage accounts with them, though do not use their management services. They have terrific online tools, tremendous access to a broad range of fund families (including MANY waived transaction fees), and relatively inexpensive trading fees. I would def recommend.
    I couldn't agree more and have been with Fidelity for my IRA and 401K since the early 80"s, however getting to be an older fart, I'm looking to have someone manage my portfolio in order to take feelings and emotion out of it a bit.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by teddrick View Post
    I couldn't agree more and have been with Fidelity for my IRA and 401K since the early 80"s, however getting to be an older fart, I'm looking to have someone manage my portfolio in order to take feelings and emotion out of it a bit.
    Put in Limit Orders that are good until cancelled. That way you know you are always looking out for yourself. No one is better to do that than yourself
    teddrick likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by teddrick View Post
    Anyone on here use Fidelity "Advisory Services"? This in not a mutual fund but rather where they trade stocks, bond and EFT's for you on their whim and your investment goals?
    Fidelity managed some our money for a few years. Fee depends on the value of assets under management. Still with fidelity but not in the advisory services program. The service is not true active management and the returns were so-so before fees. I routinely outperformed their returns before fees.. But if you don't have experience or just don't want to be bothered, it's probably fine. PM if you want additional input.
    teddrick likes this.

Member #
    You might want to look into a reputable financial planner that is paid via an hourly fee as opposed to an asset based fee. Depending on how much you have invested, you may pay less in fees and likely get a better outcome.
    teddrick likes this.

Member #
    A private adviser might open you up to products not in their own company.

Member #
    I use fidelity and have done very well

Member #
    optionshouse. I think its a branch if fidelity or etrade. I think its like 4.99 per trade

The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind- fred bear

Vegetarian: old indian word for lousy hunter.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Sponsors