New Jersey Hunters banner

Only in NJ

5K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  JC_68Westy 
#1 ·
I decided to run down to our lease for a late but easily to get into stand across from a hay field that had a bunch of deer around earlier in the year. We have been dumbfounded since October as to where our deer went since we have stayed out of it most all the year. As I turned up my road it was easy to see why since the local dog walker was 200 yards pasted our posted signs and headed to our woods. So around I went to ask him where is portion of the lease payment was since he was out using the field at 4:30 or so. As soon as the old man saw me turn into the field he decided to beeline across and out of dodge. I will say that when I hit the horn he did stop and wait for me to walk over to take his pic.. Blah blah blah I didn't know .. Blah blah blah I thought agricultural fields in the winter were ok to walk on. Blah blah blah I didn't see any hunters . Blah blah blah the dog park is 10 miles away. Blah blah blah yes I saw the posted signs but...

I had a feeling this guy has been using the field and have even had deer take off while in a box blind that didn't afford me a view of where he was walking on a few occasions. Last week I watched him walking on the road but there was dense fog and he disappeared to where I had no idea.. Call is in to the warden , I've got his pic and his license plate too. If anybody's father talks about the ass chewing he got while walking his dog , you now know where I hunt..
2016 season 30 hours hunting
60 hours hunting trespassers..

See less See more
#20 ·
only nj. other states he would been shot with some rock salt...

#25 ·
I have a private property in Washington NJ I hunt. I actually had a woman come out of the woods walking her dog. She said, "You're obviously hunting back there. Should I be worried about walking my dog back there? Could someone mistake him for a deer? Should I wear orange?". I said, "Well, it is a good idea to wear orange in the woods where people are hunting...of course, it's a better idea to not trespass!" It's like the mentality is all property is public.

#26 ·
What IS the fine for trespassing? Is the punishment so low its worth it, or is it just so seldom enforced? Now that he was evicted, and warned, theres several charges that could be enforced.
Whats the fine for hunter harassment? How about repeat offense?

#27 · (Edited)
ehh googled it
defiant trespassing – defiant trespassing is referred to as a petty disorderly offense and carries penalties of up to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine; unlicensed entry of structures – this type of trespassing is most often considered a disorderly persons offense, which means up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Title 23. Fish and Game, Wild Birds and Animals. Chapter 7A. Preventing Lawful Taking of Wildlife.

Summary:
This set of New Jersey laws comprises the state's hunter harassment provisions. No person may, for the purpose of hindering or preventing the lawful taking of wildlife. A person who violates this act shall be liable to a civil penalty of not less than $100 nor more than $500 for each offense. In addition to bringing a civil action for injunctive relief or any other relief provided by law, a person who is adversely affected by a violation of this act may bring a civil action for damages, including punitive damages and special damages, against the violator.

So, If you put up a camera, and caught them on more than one occasion (every day I would expect) would it be a separate charge daily? [eek] THis needs to be enforced much more often, and made public. make em think twice.

Heres one for all the hunters who trespass freely. You could be charged with a FELONY! Loose all your guns and hunting rights as a felon.
http://criminallawyerinnj.com/nj-tresspassing-charges-penalties/

#29 · (Edited)
So someone who leases or owns ground, if they dont like trespassers they should move out of Nj? Sorry, but I paid good money for my properties as well as taxes, trespassers are not welcome. The only one leaving will be the trespasser when I call law enforcement. Im not going anywhere. Trespassing fines need to be much stiffer. Too many people feel "entitled" these days.
If its not yours , stay the f__k out

#33 ·
Unfortunately it happens on public and private ..With the whole dog walking bullchit. People find a patch of woods and it then belongs to them and their dog.
I've tried to explain leash laws to them but they feel above the law. Had some dumbitch "walking" her dog out in Wharton in the spring. Week before A week turkey season. Dog was 75 yards ahead of her. It happened to be a big pitbull (beautiful dog I may add) but didn't like me at all. I tried to be nice to her but she wasn't hearing it. So then I got real blunt with her and told her next week was turkey season and if that dog so much as mumbled at me and my 11 year old son I was going to kill it. Even offered to give her the # for the local CO. Never saw her again.

#34 ·
We own 2 50 acre pieces that I don't even bother with because all I would be doing is chasing trespassers and getting aggravated. NJ sucks

#38 ·
NO that is NOT what I said at all, no one has a right trespassing on anyone`s properties, this crap started because the statement was made welcome to NJ, like this is the only place it happens, and I said if you don`t like NJ your free to leave, nothing was said about it being ok to trespass, I also lease a few places and I sure will not put up with it, " BUT " it is not Just NJ is what I was saying, I was not saying it is ok, cause it is not,

If you go back to the very first post, rdfhunter, it says " Only In NJ " then go down to beaverman, he says " Welcome to NJ " like NJ is the only place it happens, all I said if you don`t like it leave it, Your free w and over 21.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.