New Jersey Hunters banner

Amazing time today shot the biggest beat I have ever seen and my first nj bear 647.9

7K views 56 replies 53 participants last post by  henro 
#1 ·
The weather was perfect as me and swampassasin made our way to the blowdown to sit for the opener of 6 day. Our first sign of action was a monster bear that was coming in from our left at around 7am with the blood pumping we hope for another encounter with a nj giant black bear. Swampassasin got up to stretch and saw one coming in from our right. Yes another big bear around 758am. This bear stayed to our right at about 35yrds with not much of a shot opportunity until I saw what was the only opening I had. SA told me to take the shot and that bear made its way past the opening and I pulled the trigger . With emotions running high I wanted to get up and check right away. But I had my uncle come up from Bergen county and buckfever1974( Brian) which I can't be thankful enough for you both today. We gave the bear time and my uncle, swampassasin and myself went to the sight of the shot. No blood for 15 yards then it was a absolutly perfect blood trail that went 60 yrds from the shot to the beast NJ bear. I yelled and screamed at the top of my lungs because I was on top of the world . With picture taken and such buck fever came to help with what came to be one intense drag. After hauling it through some of the thick stuff taking well into over 2 hrs of pulling and pushed the sled that was collapsing as we
went on. We finally got to the truck and all of us looked in awe and myself as well knowing I harvested one of nj's giants . More pictures were taken and got him to the checkin station and the to jersey Jay's which it was great meeting you today! And then To the butcher. And then back to Jay's again to get everything squared away for a shoulder mount that I am beyond excited for to pick up next year. A day I will never forget and and I and beyond thankful for my uncle and my two great friends for being there to help me out and be a part of what sure is the highlight of my hunting career . So here is the pictures of the bear ..........647.9lbs Bear Wilderness Canidae Hunting dog Carnivore

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.