Sunday Hunting as relates to NJ Legislative Angling and Hunting Conservation Caucus - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Sunday Hunting as relates to NJ Legislative Angling and Hunting Conservation Caucus

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pucknut View Post
    Outdoorslife - you are spot on. It was a poorly researched and written bill when Sweeney put it together in 2008 and it still is. Take out waterfowling and we can take another look. The time to change legislation is before it is passed, never after. For me, no day in October or November is worth the potential of the last days in January.
    U guys still dont get it at all. You're barking up the wrong tree!! This bill is to allow sunday hunting in nj because it is currentlynot legal. It is not smart to add exclusioons for certain species or draft into law other things like seasons, etc that are handled by dfg administrators or f&g council. Othrerwise they would need new legislation every time there were small changes & i think most agree that is not desireable & a waste of money & effort. The f&g council cant change anything that is specified in the bill no matter how insignificant or urgent the situation may be! Even the knucklehead s in trenton know to try to avoid doing that but sometimes they do it anyway but to intentionally create that situation makes zero sense! Dfg is aware some waterfowlers want ducks excluded & likely would do it if the majority want it or they feel it makes sense. U should b lobbying for that which would be putting the issue before the agencies that handle them instead of battling the majority of your fellow hunters for chrisakes...think it through!! Barking up wrong tree sums it up.
    Last edited by gregtpal; 06-19-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Member #
    pucknut likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gregtpal View Post
    U guys still dont get it at all. You're barking up the wrong tree!! This bill is to allow sunday hunting in nj because it is currentlynot legal. It is not smart to add exclusioons for certain species or draft into law other things like seasons, etc that are handled by dfg administrators or f&g council. Othrerwise they would need new legislation every time there were small changes & i think most agree that is not desireable & a waste of money & effort. The f&g council cant change anything that is specified in the bill no matter how insignificant or urgent the situation may be! Even the knucklehead s in trenton know to try to avoid doing that but sometimes they do it anyway but to intentionally create that situation makes zero sense! Dfg is aware some waterfowlers want ducks excluded & likely would do it if the majority want it or they feel it makes sense. U should b lobbying for that which would be putting the issue before the agencies that handle them instead of battling the majority of your fellow hunters for chrisakes...think it through!! Barking up wrong tree sums it up.
    What you can't seem to get is that under the FEDERAL guidelines and frameworks there is no way for the state to exclude sundays from the waterfowl season UNLESS sunday hunting is disallowed by STATE LAW. The division would have 0 say in the matter

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Not to mention the president of the fish and game council has already told me (and I posted his email from him in the original sunday waterfowl thread) that he and the majority if not the entirety of the council would be in favor of Sunday waterfowl hunting so the only way to stop sunday waterfowl hunting is in the state house.

Oh and greg if you need clarification please pm me your email address and I'd be happy to forward you the emails from the federal waterfowl biologists and the president of the fish and game council proving my above statements

Member #
    It's kind of comical how short sighted the sunday hunting campaign has been. Had the bill just been written to exclude waterfowl from the start or been rewritten quickly to exclude waterfowl most of the people that were against it would have never had petitions put in front of them and the orange armies would probably be blasting button bucks and ditch chickens 7 days a week this year.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblehead View Post
    What you can't seem to get is that under the FEDERAL guidelines and frameworks there is no way for the state to exclude sundays from the waterfowl season UNLESS sunday hunting is disallowed by STATE LAW. The division would have 0 say in the matter
    I exclude that as an issue because the guys against Sunday hunting always justify it by expresding their primary concern is protection of the resource & some even go so far as to slam those in favor as greedy short sighted hunters only concerned with killing more ducks. Then they forget they say that iz their primary motivation t & act like losing a couple of days to kill ducks is the reason it wont work. Wtf...how do u not see the hypocrisy? I sure do. So which is it really??
    Last edited by gregtpal; 06-20-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblehead View Post
    Not to mention the president of the fish and game council has already told me (and I posted his email from him in the original sunday waterfowl thread) that he and the majority if not the entirety of the council would be in favor of Sunday waterfowl hunting so the only way to stop sunday waterfowl hunting is in the state house.

Oh and greg if you need clarification please pm me your email address and I'd be happy to forward you the emails from the federal waterfowl biologists and the president of the fish and game council proving my above statements
    Bubbpe, pm sent. I would likt to c them. I didnt realize the majority of them are also in favor. Of course u probably know im gonna interpret that as another plus for the pro sunday majority

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsors