Grunt calls, rattling, doe bleats illegal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Grunt calls, rattling, doe bleats illegal?

Member #
    You guys do know that is not the entire statute, this is just a summation. But it does result in an interesting thread.lol
    Bucksnbows likes this.
    Hunt with a Vizsla, Cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog!

Member #
    I made it illegal for me. This year the 2 big bucks I grunted at during the rut were mature and knew what was up. I learned this lesson before but keep making same stupid mistake.

Nice softball size bases eight point, and a big ten. Coming through nose to ground, grunt grunt. They stared under my stand for 3-4 minutes and did not see the buck, so they moved on faster than they came in at about 80 yards.
    Last edited by ember; 01-06-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd172 View Post
    Susan Kehoe has her hunting license. What is to stop her from getting a gun, being 100% legal etc..., and then walk through the woods blowing an air horn? At some point, proven hunting techniques were new and had to be tested out. She can claim she is new to hunting, and is trying a new technique of bear hunting. She used the claim that she was feeding raccoons instead of bears to avoid a fine, so I wouldn't put it past any of them to try something like this.
    There is nothing stopping her, but she would need to prove to a judge that she has turned into a hunter after decades of being a staunch anti in a court of law. Because any CO would arrest her on hunter harassment charges given the scenario you've described and her burden to prove otherwise might be tough to overcome harassment charges. She can decide for herself if she can afford the attorney fees or not if she chooses this path. I don't think NJ hunters have a lot to worry about given the above scenario.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    She got it to legally feed the Bears
    The act of killing is visceral .......

Member #
    What you did is take "attract game" out of context. The context is "Hunter Harassment" not illegal activity. So... all the described activities are illegal when applied to Hunter Harassment only.
    Last edited by longbow; 01-06-2015 at 09:09 AM.

MTH
    Member #
    Susan Kehoe has her hunting license. What is to stop her from getting a gun, being 100% legal etc..., and then walk through the woods blowing an air horn?
    Simple, her intent on being in the woods is not to hunt, but to disrupt other's who are lawfully hunting. Last time I heard, an air horn was not a game call. Now on the other hand, if she was simply walking through the woods toting a shotgun during the open season, there's nothing you can do about it...just like you can't do anything about the guys who are afraid to walk in the dark so they wait till first light to walk to their stand, and blow out everything in the process...
    Lord make me fast and accurate,
    May my draw be smooth and unseen
    Let my aim be straight and my shot true,

Grant me the skill to make the shots I can,
    The restraint to avoid those I can't,
    And the wisdom to know the difference,

So that I may be blessed with the bounty you provide

Amen
    The NJH Bow Hunters Prayer

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MTH View Post
    Simple, her intent on being in the woods is not to hunt, but to disrupt other's who are lawfully hunting. Last time I heard, an air horn was not a game call. Now on the other hand, if she was simply walking through the woods toting a shotgun during the open season, there's nothing you can do about it...just like you can't do anything about the guys who are afraid to walk in the dark so they wait till first light to walk to their stand, and blow out everything in the process...
    Intent is extremely hard to prove in a court of law, not impossible but it is difficult

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucksnbows View Post
    I think MIlesAway is showing how stupid the post about driving being illegal using this same snippet from the compendium is. I just clicked on that other post on the latest page (page 11) to read one post about spear fishing, so that thread has obviously gone way off the rails. Some posters here just like to stir the pot and that is all that other post is about.
    right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors