New Jersey Hunters banner

New Over Under

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  medfordguy 
#1 ·
I just bought a Savage 555 over/under. I know there are plenty of better and more expensive guns in the over under category, but this is best IMO of the over unders in my budget. I plan to shoot a few rounds of skeet next weekend. I will post a review of the gun afterwards.

#9 ·
Now that you mention it... I was walking out from my stand last Saturday and saw a guy about 10 feet from the safety zone knock down a pheasant roosting 25 feet up in a tree. I was surprised to see that as I thought pheasants typically hide in the thicker ground cover. Thanks for the tip.

#10 ·
went to medford a few times and watched a few birds fly over the road to the backside of johnsons farm market,never to be seen again.LOL! I would always get a few quail that flew in from the setter club next door also,of course that's when the season was statewide.

#11 ·
They are placed out there day or two before...they been in a cage ...their instinct to survive puts them there for better survival...far fewer predators

#13 ·
i shoot over dogs so the majority of my shots are close,but not all the time.i shoot low brass 7 1/2 out of improved cylinder choke for first shot and high brass 7 1/2 modified choke for a second shot if needed.That would also be a good combination with no dog and just beating the brush and hedgerows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.