New Over Under - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New Over Under

Member #
    They are placed out there day or two before...they been in a cage ...their instinct to survive puts them there for better survival...far fewer predators
    - Doug, Atlantic County
    NRA Member 180946485
    DU Member
    NJ2AS - Member 8997832
    NJ ZED South Division
    Team CHTBSOAB

Member #
    What loads do you use for pheasant? Would low brass #7 or #8 target loads suffice?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by medfordguy View Post
    What loads do you use for pheasant? Would low brass #7 or #8 target loads suffice?
    i shoot over dogs so the majority of my shots are close,but not all the time.i shoot low brass 7 1/2 out of improved cylinder choke for first shot and high brass 7 1/2 modified choke for a second shot if needed.That would also be a good combination with no dog and just beating the brush and hedgerows.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by birdup View Post
    i shoot over dogs so the majority of my shots are close,but not all the time.i shoot low brass 7 1/2 out of improved cylinder choke for first shot and high brass 7 1/2 modified choke for a second shot if needed.That would also be a good combination with no dog and just beating the brush and hedgerows.
    Thank you.

I only see pheasant on F&G stocking schedule. Does the quantity stocked cover partridge as well? Also, it seems pretty easy to identify pheasant on the wing, but how does one identify the partridge varieties on the wing to prevent exceeding the bag limit? Apologies in advance for all of the questions and i do appreciate all of your responses thus far.

Member #
    Over and understand are freaking sexy

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by medfordguy View Post
    Thank you.

I only see pheasant on F&G stocking schedule. Does the quantity stocked cover partridge as well? Also, it seems pretty easy to identify pheasant on the wing, but how does one identify the partridge varieties on the wing to prevent exceeding the bag limit? Apologies in advance for all of the questions and i do appreciate all of your responses thus far.
    no need to apologize.the stocking schedule for phez and quail are the same,but quail are only released at greenwood and peaslee wma's in the state ,no other ones.the state actually purchase the quail from an outside breeder and raise the pheasant at rockport.the state does not raise or stock partridge.so if you do come across one a private party stocked them to hunt,which means if it's on a wma it is now anyones bird to shoot.you have a better chance of hitting the powerball lottery than seeing a chukar or hun on a wma so i wouldn't even worry about them yet.LOL! Don't forget that quail is closed everywhere but the two places i mentioned.you can also hunt quail on preserves and semi-wild clubs.
    medfordguy likes this.

Member #
    12or20gauge? Nice gun. 20gauge says its only 5.5lbs? Nice

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoops View Post
    12or20gauge? Nice gun. 20gauge says its only 5.5lbs? Nice
    12ga. 6.4lbs

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by birdup View Post
    no need to apologize.the stocking schedule for phez and quail are the same,but quail are only released at greenwood and peaslee wma's in the state ,no other ones.the state actually purchase the quail from an outside breeder and raise the pheasant at rockport.the state does not raise or stock partridge.so if you do come across one a private party stocked them to hunt,which means if it's on a wma it is now anyones bird to shoot.you have a better chance of hitting the powerball lottery than seeing a chukar or hun on a wma so i wouldn't even worry about them yet.LOL! Don't forget that quail is closed everywhere but the two places i mentioned.you can also hunt quail on preserves and semi-wild clubs.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors