Don't be stupid = stupid is as stupid does
    Member #

Don't be stupid = stupid is as stupid does

Just read an article about a Colorado lawmaker who got threatening emails and letters over her support of the new gun laws that Colorado's house passed last week. The letters also contained racial slurs. One person was arrested and faces charges because of an email he sent. He was also accused of writing a letter but there was not enough proof to tie him to that. He told police that he was sorry about the email and that he was just frustrated over an issue that is sacred to him and that he had to vent. So, as many of us law abiding citizens are fighting to oppose new gun laws here, please be careful not to step out of line when contacting members of the Assembly and State Senate or the Governor. Even when I know that a certain legislator will never change their support for these gun laws, I let them know that we will never agree. I then tell them that they are wrong and explain why. But, I try to keep explanations and opinions within the context of the specific bills and why the bills fail to prevent crime and why some are unconstitutional. It is easy to get overzealous and disrespectful. But, I take my time and proof read several times before sending any messages. I remove anything that is not directly on point to the particular bill and overly opinionated. Acting out of line is stupid. Both electronic messages and written messages can be easily traced and saved. And anything unprofessional can not only get someone in trouble but can only hurt rather than further our cause. So, continue to flood our legislators with messages. But, think before you act.

Member #
    Since when it is a crime to send an email with a racial slur? It may be in extreme poor taste, but I hardly think its illegal. An email threatening someone is illegal.
    United we stand, Divided we fall.

Member #
    It may not be illegal, But it sure as $hit does not make us look better. Whether you like it or not, This is very much so, A political and popular fight. Keep being a$$ munches and we'll lose the public/popular vote. Think before you talk and keep your cool...We ARE better than them! And always have been!

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo801 View Post
    It may not be illegal, But it sure as $hit does not make us look better. Whether you like it or not, This is very much so, A political and popular fight. Keep being a$$ munches and we'll lose the public/popular vote. Think before you talk and keep your cool...We ARE better than them! And always have been!
    This is exactly my point. Keep your cool because this is going to be a long tough fight. We cannot afford to do anything to defeat ourselves.

Member #
    I understand what your saying........But what these politicians are doing is [QUOTEoverzealous and disrespectful][/QUOTE] to all of the law abiding gun owners in this country. Some of us may not be very elequant with there words but want to make their displeasure known to these politicians they may say some pretty un-P.C. things. If the politician gets offended tough s*&t!

Threatning to not vote for one of these politicians is fair but threatning someone with physical violence, that is out of line.

Member #
    ...and when all is lost...our rights, our freedoms; we can always say that "We were better than that" and "We never stepped out of line".
    Some of Us (We the People, not just gun owners) fear what "They" are going to do every single day.

I recall a firearm case before the NJ supreme court where the court declared, “when it comes to NJ and guns, the Citizen acts at his peril”. Should it not be the same for the gov't. Should it not be "When the gov't acts to restrict the rights of the sovereign citizenry, it does so at its own peril"?

I fear for my family and the future of my offspring. If "They" are to legislate away our freedoms, I say, let it not be without fear of consequences...the worst of consequences. Should they realize this perhaps they would not dare to tread down such a path. Perhaps the fear of a "Wacko" (or Patriot) may just make them think twice. When all else fails, sometimes fear is the only deterrent
    to tyranny. Perhaps it sounds radical nowadays, but it was the premise upon which our country was founded. And it far outweighs the tragedy associated with fighting an established tyrant(s).

Or, we can forget the resolve our forefathers had and write another letter to the King and his house of Lords. Maybe even sign a petition.
    Last edited by Dlouis; 03-03-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Member #
    you can threaten not to vote all you want... but I dont think they would take kindly to an email telling them you want to tar and feather them HAHAHA
    United we stand, Divided we fall.

Sponsors