New Jersey Hunters banner

NY state Monster

8K views 117 replies 104 participants last post by  pphantom538 
#1 ·
I will keep this short and post lots of pics see if you can guess the score. So my father and I are leasing some land near Ithaca NY this year and we went up for the weekend opener. On sunday afternoon we were invited by the guy we lease from to hunt a piece of his friends land about a mile down the road from our piece. The land owner told us if we get a chance take a doe for him. Well a doe comes running up to me and as I put her in the scope I happen to see antlers coming before I squeeze the trigger and hold off. Well this big boy runs right up and sticks his head in her well lady parts to keep it clean lol. So I move the scope to his shoulder and squeeze. I only saw the partial rack due to his head being behind her glad thats all I saw or I might have froze up. As he ran 30 yards after the shot I saw the full rack and my heart skipped a beat. Well here are some pics

After his 30 yard run

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.