New Jersey Hunters banner

need help ..buddy shot a p&y last night but...

7K views 70 replies 50 participants last post by  Backyardbucks 
#1 ·
Shot a little high right behind the shoulder arrow didn't pass all the way threw. Pretty sure he only got one lung and we let sit for an hour then tracked him about 600 yards before we had no light left and pulled out. I'm in zone 17 in cream ridge off horners arneytown rd. Gunna try to pick up trail this afternoon

#7 ·
WTF is with these post???? you should have let him sit all night instead you pushed him 600 yards!!!!! if you know the shot was bad why risk pushing the deer after a bad shot. I don't get these guys man. I see more post about lost deer then tagged! [wallmad][wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]

#10 ·
Listen assholes another hunter on the ajoining property said he watched him take off wither the arrow in ... Also there was a call for possible rain over night so we started while there was a blood trail we never pushed him u dumbass was trying to do the logical thing with the given circumstances to recover I'm out here now trying to recover so instead of posting ur bullshit that doesn't help go away and leave my post alone all smartasses with all the answers.
Reggie I'm out here now and my buddy will be joining as soon as he gets out of the doctors office with his wife who just had surgery a couple weeks ago

#11 ·
I think its funny that your name on here starts with LOST!!![ko][ko][ko] and what where you expecting??? us to tell you a better way to find the deer? your the one who posted the shit not us.

#15 ·
Good luck. I single lunged a deer last year and watched him drop 100 yds from the stand. I had to put another arrow in him 3 hrs later. He would pick his head up and try to get up about every 10 mins. Everytime I thought he was down for good he would move. I was finally able to put the sneak on him and get another arrow in him. I learned my lesson with single lung hits. Let em sit. Hope to see pics later today!

#17 ·
Usually when someone starts by saying "listen assholes" believe it or not but you get the completely opposite response, they don't listen and could give a crap about what you have to say. But that's just my observation. Good luck, call a tracking dog, they have a good success rate and will find it if it's dead. To me, whether it's a buck of a life time or not, that is the extent that the shooter should put forth.

#23 ·
I'm not referring to this thread specifically but I literally do not recall the last time I logged on without seeing a thread where someone shot a deer and it didn't drop. This is amazing. In all the years I've been a member, add them together and there are still more threads of "cannot find deer" this year than all of those years combined. WTF?!

Again, not picking on lost9340 but either wait for a better shot or practice a hell of a lot more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.