WARNING / WARNING ... THEFT & LOOTING in HOWELL
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Guys just a quick heads-up warning to all my fellow sportsmen here on this site. ESPECIALLY THOSE IN HOWELL!

I personally broke up an attempted organized theft ring here in the Candlewood Development of Howell the night before last. (Candlewood is the development on RT 9 North just before Aldrich Rd.) Most of us here are still without electricity & sady, criminals are coming here to try to take advantage of it. They are stealing generators & breaking into homes/cars/sheds/garages/boats that are abandoned because people left them to stay with others that have power. They are hitting houses looking for cash, guns, pills, and other quick $ items they can grab.

The guys were operating in multiple cars. The one I spotted was parked on our street in a black/silver Chevy Caprice; he was flashing his headlights up the block every few minutes to let the others know the coast was clear.

When I shined the lookout vehicle from my 2nd story window with my 2 million candlepower spotlight to see if I recognized the car, he immediately began flashing his headlights repeatedly as a warning to the others that they were compromised.

I then ran outside & confronted the lookout (foolishly with my flashlight instead of my gun as I was putting the kids to bed & I really didn't realize what was going on just yet.) The guy sped down our block with no headlights with me in pursuit in my sweats and my slippers.

I lighted his license plate & yelled his plate #, but they apparently had stolen plates afixed on the car which may have been stolen as well. I thought I had him trapped on our block as he drove down a street that was completely blocked by a downed tree & fallen wires; but, this POS actually crashed through the downed trees, wires, traffic cones & live wire caution tape.

There were 3 others in a 2nd small SUV that also fled the scene in another direction before the police could arrive.

I immediately sent the kids & wife to PA to see my parents. From now til I get power, I'll sleep during the day while lying awake in my dark house at night.

I've now got a cold, hard, ruthless bitch as a bed mate for a while instead of my wife. She spits, kicks, and belches fire, but it's comforting having her at my side. I promise she'll turn burglars into burgers; their birth certificates wil be worthess pieces of paper if they threaten me or my family ever again.

Just ask any parent how they would feel if their kids that have just faced the worst natural disaster and 3 days of blackout were suddenly screaming and crying in your bed ... and in between uncontrollable sobs, my son asked if they are gonna come back to kill our whole family now that they were identified?

I will never let something like that happen to my kids again! I PROMISE!!! They don't deserve it.

This is a situation where NJ needs a concealed weapon carry allowance. If I had my father's .410 governor on me yesterday, I could have had 4 dead bad guys hung in my front yard this morning as a deterent to others about thinking of trying the same $hit in the future. AT THE VERY LEAST WE NEED A CASTLE DOCTRINE!

- Gr8ful

Super Moderator remingtonman1108's Avatar
    Member #
    Good information and glad you guys were OK.

Just remember, u are responsible for you actions with or without a gun. Defusing a situation with a gun would be my last resort but if it called for the use of a firearm to protect your children/family be prepared to use it and be ready to deal with the consequences, especially in this state.

Be safe out there!
    HOW TO REPORT A POST OR THREAD:
    As a member, if you see something you do not like and feel it shouldn't be on the forum, be it someones behavior, a post, or thread that you feel violates the rules you CAN USE THE BLACK TRIANGLE that's located at the bottom left side of every post. Put your mouse over it, it says "Report". This will notify the Staff (Admins AND moderators) that there is a problem, and we do look at every one of the reported signatures.

Member #
    CHOOT em !

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    shoot at them ! What are they gone to do call the POLICE !

Member #
    You did the best thing you possibly could have done. No matter what it is, replaying the situation in your head will always render a better outcome, but I think you did great.

Next time unfortunately for them, the gun will be waiting.

Member #
    sad part the longer the power is out i see these type of things happening more............

Member #
    Stay safe...

Member #
    Im sure its going on down the shore areas too. Just no one to stop them. You are going to see scumbags from all over coming to our storm hit areas to loot

X7_
    Member #
    Glad you busted up the crime being committed. Trouble is that these thugs will only find another neighborhood to prey on. Hope someone is as vigilante as you on those areas.

Yep, there are forces at work that bring out the worst in people. We do need the Castle Doctrine as well as the right to carry. Illinois which is another ass backwards all for the criminal state has just passed the $25 firearm transfer law. Another BS law. All this does is have the law abiding firearm owner pay for the gang bangers self inflicted wounds. Do any of these lawmakerse have a clue?

Member #
    Bud that has his house damaged down the shore told ne yesterday the assholes are using boats in the bay to do the same shit.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors