If I had luck, I would have no luck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Like the title says; if I had any luck,I would have no luck. Went out this morning with my brother to do a little turkey hunting. Set up by 4:45, about 10 minutes later I thought I heard a turkey make a tree call. Thought it was my brother, looked at him and saw it wasn't. Starts to get light and I hear it again right out in front of me. Thought it was on the ground, but couldn't see anything. 10 minutes later I hear it again, and I just happened to look up, and low and behold there a turkey sitting in the tree about 15 yards in front of me. Motion to my bro not to move, look in another tree not 20 yards away and there is #2. Another 5 yerds beyond that is another turkey. Could't tell what they were at this point because it was still too dark. They never came down until 7:00. They all pitched down away from me, that's when I saw Mr.Tom at about 45 yards. Slowly raised the 835 up because there was still one in the tree. Thought it was a chip shot, but didn't work out that way. After the shot, he took off never to be seen again. Oh well, that's why it's called hunting; instead of going to get one of those turkeys that grow in the supermarkets.

Member #
    I feel your pain, I sat till 8 this morning, it started pouring and I got pi$$ed so I got up and started walking out, not 80yds away there was a long beard on the trail, he spotted me and took off. If only I sat for 10 more mins

Member #
    I finally got out this morning. Walked in a little late but it's my land and supposedly I am the only one out there. I setup in the usual spot and make a call. I emediatley hear a hen. I shutup and get ready. Nothing. Then the hen starts gabbin, and gabbin, annnnnnnnd gabbin lol. I say wait a minute. That is either the worst turkey call I have ever heard or that hen has a stick in her arse lol. I get up and take a look and see a blind by the creek. Turns out to be the father and son I gave permission to hunt last year. I backed out real quiet and came in to get some food.
    When all else fails..... call in an Airstrike

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I hear ya guys. I had to cancel turkey hunting myself this year. Deer hunting is the same for me too. A few times if I had just sat there a few more minutes longer, I probably would've had another two deer under my belt.

Member #
    I am glad I came in. Started to pour 20 minutes latter and I dont have a groundblind.

Member #
    Pouring rain didn't chase me out; It's those flashes in the sky, followed by the boom. Had few down this way this morning right after I shot.

Member #
    The booms are good locators

Dunno why but Toms cant resist thunder.

Member #
    There also a good indicator that you are still ALIVE!

Member #
    I finally got out this morning. Walked in a little late but it's my land and supposedly I am the only one out there. I setup in the usual spot and make a call. I emediatley hear a hen. I shutup and get ready. Nothing. Then the hen starts gabbin, and gabbin, annnnnnnnd gabbin lol. I say wait a minute. That is either the worst turkey call I have ever heard or that hen has a stick in her arse lol. I get up and take a look and see a blind by the creek. Turns out to be the father and son I gave permission to hunt last year. I backed out real quiet and came in to get some food.
    I guess you didnt see them parked

Member #
    Thats all i have to say about that
    Thought it was a chip shot, but didn't work out that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors