New Jersey Hunters banner

Bear permit question

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  badmunky11 
#1 ·
Someone told me that the fall permit is good for the 6 day firearm if you didn't harvest a bear. This true? I can't find anyone on the website saying this, but looking at purchasing a tag they show the same code#.

#9 ·
Your bear permit is valid for 6-day provided you didn't harvest a bear in the fall. The permit is weapon agnostic - bow or gun. Also, be aware that it could be a short season next week as 23% of the bear harvest quota was reached in the fall. Once 30% harvest rate is reached the season could be closed.

#10 ·
Yes I saw that MallardHunter, thing is that it's impossible to even guess. They could shoot 300 bears and if none are tagged, hunt continues. Or they could shoot 50 and all are tagged and hunts over. I don't quite understand the states reasoning on this with maybe a guess in that they are looking for more potential problem bears killed more than overall totals?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.