ATTN!: those who hunted bear this year - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Where you out specifically for bear ? Yes

Did you bait ? If so where your baits getting hit ?Yes, yes, but cold weather shut them down until it warmed back up.

Did you harvest a bear ? Yes

How did you harvest your bear ? Bait, on a drive, still hunt, etc. Bait, sitting on the ground against a tree .

Did you see any bears ? yes, on cam a few weeks then a shutdown then the few days prior, and the one I harvested.

Did you harvest a bear in a prior season ? No

Where you being selective and passing on small ones ? I took the biggest one of the three that came in at the same time.

Do you think the season needs to changed and if so, what would you recommend ? YES!
    1) It needs to be made earlier, possibly a stand alone season or 'incedental to deer' with limit one bear per hunter per year.
    2) REMOVE THE 300foot from bait restriction while evelvated or in a 'constructed blind', ALLOW treestands and ground blinds ANY distance from a bait station.
    3) Allow archery as a means of harvest.
    4) agree with -
    The hunt would be more successful for the state and hunters if held earlier in the fall prior to mass hibernation such as this years, also a limited fall archery season should be explored since bow hunters can access more problematic suburban areas that are actually being over run with bears at this point and that firearms can not be used in for safety zone reasons or firearms discharge ordinances

Member #
    open season to include two day early muzzy......

Member #
    also a limited fall archery season should be explored since bow hunters can access more problematic suburban areas that are actually being over run with bears at this point and that firearms can not be used in for safety zone reasons or firearms discharge ordinances.
    Wait, are you sure about this? Not so sure I want a pissed off bear with an arrow stuck in his ass in a suburban area.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    What makes you think that would even happen?
    Hunt with a Vizsla, Cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog!

BHC
    Member #
    Where you out specifically for bear ? yes, but if one of the nice rack bucks in the area showed I would of taken it

Did you bait ? If so where your baits getting hit ? I did bait from May till the Friday before the season opened, yes hit a few times a week, I had at least 12 different bears coming in within that time spam

Did you harvest a bear ? No, never saw one

How did you harvest your bear ? Bait, on a drive, still hunt, etc. N/A

Did you see any bears ? nada

Did you harvest a bear in a prior season ? Yes I have, on the last day of the first season in 2003, also two with the bow in Canada

Where you being selective and passing on small ones ? yes, as I was having decent to really nice bears coming in, the smallest I had coming in was two bears together both around 200lbs.

Do you think the season needs to changed and if so, what would you recommend ? I would love to see a early archery season, or maybe have the same amount of tags for sale (10,000) have the season run from early bow thru the shotgun season once you use the tag of course your done, also charge more for the tags if need be

if you haven't hunted bears with a bow your missing out on a exciting hunt

Member #
    Where you out specifically for bear ? YES

Did you bait ? If so where your baits getting hit ? YES. NO - Not at any point during the season, just before.

Did you harvest a bear ? YES

How did you harvest your bear ? Bait, on a drive, still hunt, etc. Sitting, watching a swamp.

Did you see any bears ? YES

Did you harvest a bear in a prior season ? YES

Where you being selective and passing on small ones ? YES

Do you think the season needs to changed and if so, what would you recommend ? Needs to be earlier. Wouldn't mind a one-week long season as long as it was just before Thanksgiving.

Member #
    Yes
    Yes-Yes
    Yes
    Over bait , Next to swamp
    Yes
    No
    Waiting for a boar or lone sow (no cubs)
    Yes, would like an archery season, maybe even a spring hunt, but it won't happen

Member #
    Where you out specifically for bear ? YES

Did you bait ? If so where your baits getting hit ? No bait this year

Did you harvest a bear ? No

How did you harvest your bear ? Bait, on a drive, still hunt, etc. N/A

Did you see any bears ? No

Did you harvest a bear in a prior season ? No, this was my first season of actually hunting, all other seasons were spent guiding. Every season one hunter was successful: 2 with bait, 2 without bait.

Where you being selective and passing on small ones ? Yes

Do you think the season needs to changed and if so, what would you recommend ?

Copied and pasted from SHOOTSTRAIGHT:

I FULLY AGREE!
    Yes, after they complete the five year plan so the anti's don't cry the division are liar's. But it should be held earlier and opened up to bow season and perhaps a 3 day gun season in November like PA does. Also, place some restrictions such as not killing cubs or sows with young cubs that cannot survive without the sow. I want to keep the season forever. We must allow the cubs to live and grow and sows with young one's to walk. The December hunt is not ideal for hunting this game but I understand why the division did it.

I would also add that they should consider opening it Statewide or at least expanding the current zones. PLENTY of bears in some areas just outside the current zones.
    "Only in dictionaries does SUCCESS come before WORK." -Alfred K. Henderson

Member #
    sounds like an anti questionnaire to me or might be a wannabe fish and game member

Member #
    sounds like an anti questionnaire to me or might be a wannabe fish and game member
    really guy ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors