Thieves
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Thieves

Member #

Thieves

Has anyone else had issues with anyone messing with your spot? I went out today and low and behold my camera was gone, my feeder was knocked over and my ladder stand was all jacked up....Now I'm not pointing fingers but I've seen a lot of kids on quads, dirt bikes and a gator (or some other monstrous ATV) ripping around there lately. Why would they or anyone else (hopefully not another hunter) wanna go and steal other peoples stuff and then jack up there spot?....I was beyond furious and still quite angered at the whole thing. I called Moultrie and advised them so it was on record if anyone tried to call and say they couldnt get in since it was a pass code on it

Member #
    Parents these days just let their kids run wild. They are too busy to be parents and teach their kids right from wrong. I can clearly remember being a kid and having my dad pull his belt off when we acted up. Straightened us out pretty quick. Cant do that these days but some of todays kids and some grown ups need a good a$$ whooping. It works wonders

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tcook8296 View Post
    Parents these days just let their kids run wild. They are too busy to be parents and teach their kids right from wrong. I can clearly remember being a kid and having my dad pull his belt off when we acted up. Straightened us out pretty quick. Cant do that these days but some of todays kids and some grown ups need a good a$$ whooping. It works wonders
    amen to that kids aren't affraid of their parents these days ! That sucks sorry to hear about your spot being messed with.
    CaptainChaos likes this.
    If someone comes to take your guns, tell them "Molon Labe".

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I notified Fish and Game, If anything I asked them to pop in now and again to see if they can crack down on it. Hopefully someones done. It's just disheartening that a few bad apples can ruin a good thing. My camera and all was up in the beginning of September thats what makes me feel like it was the younger crowd and not the hunting crowd.

Member #
    100 pages.
    lphunsjr likes this.

Dominant Buck shootemandmountem's Avatar
    Member #
    mine is
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsphunter73 View Post
    amen to that kids aren't affraid of their parents these days ! That sucks sorry to hear about your spot being messed with.
    AYFS likes this.

Member #
    Fish and Game show up that's a joke right there. Unless its in a parking lot they are not going to get the boots dirty.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsphunter73 View Post
    amen to that kids aren't affraid of their parents these days !
    Thats true in about 99 out of 100 houses. I for one am deathly afraid if I get my father going. I learned my lesson when when I was young....I feel for you Ive have stuff jacked. It's a sweet feeling catchig them with their pants down. They eventually become too cocky and when they make that first mistake capitalize on it. I set cams up on the 3 "major" trails to the stand an got lucky...it was the last time I've seen him around the area in years
    CaptainChaos likes this.
    When times are tough and flocks are small, take your time and shoot them all.

Member #
    Unfortunately CaptainChaos this happens often... I had my camera stolen last season and one other guy that hunts by me also....the place you hunt sounds exactly like my spot...dirt bikes and quads all the time.....oh yeah and paint balling...theres a lot of thieves out there and its hard...I find the best way is to try to hide the camera in a opening of a large log or something its hard but keep it hidden....and if you put out feed keep it low to ground...try not to use corn bright and yellow dead give away of your spot..try using sweet feed.....Goodluck to you....

Member #
    1 time in the 30 years I've been hunting...someone tried to take my stand years ago but only got away with the 4 clips that hold the ladder sections together...i hope you catch them. I got disciplined growing up. I didn't get hit with a switch dad used a belt...there is a difference between discipline and abuse. I got discipline. I'm not scared of my kids they know dad (me) will whoop your a...I've taken televisions and game consoles out without shutting them down first...just pull plugs. Idc I'll go right into my room (their room but only because i allow them to use it...it is mine though. Hence I'm a parent... the adult and pay for 98% of everything)...we have twp curfews..i expect you either home before it on a school night and if you're looking to sleep over a friends house you better check and get permission before you go over. Not call 30 min before curfew and ask. I've been up and out past midnight driving my town looking for 1 of my teens and he got grounded hard when he got home. I do not play around..if i sound harsh oh well. I don't believe i am and that's what matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors