New to Hunting. Some basic questions: - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New to Hunting. Some basic questions:

Member #
    Welcome to the Site. It would be interesting to hear about hunting in Europe, maybe latter you can explain the differences .

Good luck.
    Last edited by Iggyort; 12-30-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Member #
    Thank you much. I would be glad to elaborate on hunting in Europe. I can post some pics later.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthunteryu View Post
    Thank you much. I would be glad to elaborate on hunting in Europe. I can post some pics later.
    Welcome to the site and welcome to NJ. Whereabouts in Europe are you from?

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    For example, I read in one of these threads that it is illegal to leave the hanging tree stand in the WMA. I spent hours going through the digest to make sure and tried to find that point, only to realize that someone made that up. That is why i figured I would make 200% sure on some points.
    Thanks again.
    I have spent many hour on this and talked with co's and f&g and stand point is this. Stands come out by end of day though certain wmas like medford for example you can place a stand for a season( example early bow) but it is public land so A)lock stand and B) check stand before each use for tampering and at end of said season stand gets removed.

Member #
    Read the digest like you have, read it and read it again. If your really stumped call f&w although there is some good info on this site but some of it is not all that reliable. As you already know.

Yes you can leave a stand on a wma but theft is a problem. Not all public land has the same rules regarding leaving stands and types of stands that may be used so it's always best to check with whatever agency administrators the property first. Some public lands such as parks and land trusts also require you register first.

Good luck and welcome to the U.S. but you sure picked the wrong state to live in lol
    “If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking.” ― General George Patton

Member #
    Welcome to Jersey hunting.All good questions and best of luck to you in the upcoming seasons.If i can help in any way send me a message.

Member #
    I'm from Serbia, previous Yugoslavia. In the north part we mostly hunt wild boar. It's mostly from the stands of by tracking and mostly at night.
    NJLungbuster and SteveR like this.

Member #
    Does Serbia require training to hunt ?

Did you hunt with a rifle or a shotgun?.

What caliber or Gauge?

Is bow hunting popular in Serbia?

Do you hunt deer/ stags in Serbia ?

Member #
    as far as hunting time, its 30 min before sunrise, and 30 min after sunset. does this mean you are not allowed on your stand earlier or later than that, or you are not allowed to hunt, place a shot.
    I don't think you got this answered.

The 30 min before sunrise/30 min after sunset means no loaded firearm or nocked arrow on bow outside of that time. You can get to your stand earlier than that, setup and all that - that is legal. Again, the time limits are only prohibiting you from loading/nocking your weapon of choice. I don't see where this is explicitly spelled out in the digest, but that's what I believe is the definition of "hunting". Pretty much everyone that wants to start right at the starting time needs to trek to their spot and get set up and that takes some time so clearly you have to be out there before official starting time.

As for definition of anterless deer - the formal definition is in the Digest, page 30 - note it is not just does - can be male deer:

"Antlerless deer is defined as any deer that does not have an antler length measuring at least three inches. For the purposes of this definition, adult male deer that have shed their antlers, button bucks and adult males with antlers less than three inches are considered antlerless deer."

The digest is here, online - read it, learn it, live it

Member #
    I'm from Serbia, previous Yugoslavia. In the north part we mostly hunt wild boar. It's mostly from the stands of by tracking and mostly at night.
    I was there with the navy after USS Cole was hit in Yemen. They were in my battle group. Was there when Milosovic was captured for genecide and other war crimes.
    I

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors