New Jersey Hunters banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid veterans!

5K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Bag and Drag 
#1 ·
Many of you know this area right here. They have a free archery range. No gun range here at all. Not on this side of the road. The archery range is the large open plot of land closes to the road. The area with the vehicles is where people park when hunting. They walk back into the woods behind that enormous field I've seen dirt bike riders car tracks and horse back riders. Today a buddy and I both veterans walked to the back of the field and scouted some land to hunt on. About twenty minutes into our walk we start hearing a barrage of gunfire coming from behind us. I assumed it was the gun club down the street on the opposite side of the road. The gunfire continued for at least an hour. Could tell it was a mixture of rifle and handguns being shot. We continued our scouting and somehow made our way back to the road we took the road back to our parking area as we got closer we could hear the gunfire coming from where we parked. We cut through the archery field and along the tree line at the back of the larger field there was 4 or 5 guys blasting music one was standing in the back of a pickup truck throwing clay disks into the area wile the other guys proceeded to unleash hell into the air directly towards where we had just walked. Had we back tracked and came out the same way we entered we would have been blown to smithereens. We walked right past them and to our vehicles there was 2 other cars parked in the same area as us. A few minutes later they finished up with their recklessness and got into their cars saying " let's go to Applebee's veterans eat for free" one of them was carrying an army acu backpack. They got in their cars and drove away. I was in shock. I had never in my life seen a group of people so stupid in my entire life. How do a group of people with military training not have the common sense to know that there are people back in those woods since there were 2 un attended vehicles parked right next to their cars!! How could they not realize that you never fire your weapon into an area that doesn't have a backdrop to stop the bullets. Sorry that this is a long post but I get more furious by the second mainly at myself for letting them walk away. I should have called the cops and had every single one of them thrown in jail. I hope they read this and know how lucky they are! Cause I haven't stopped thinking about how lucky we were that we didn't back track into that field wile they were shooting like madmen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#11 ·
Don't twist my words. I'm a veteran and I'm not calling myself stupid. I'm calling these guys stupid veterans because of the fact that they are trained in proper use of weapons they are taught to know the maximum range of the very same weapons they were firing in my direction! I don't give a crap what day it is! Maybe I should have thanked them for being wreck less and shooting at me because they were veterans. I could have just called them stupid but threw the veterans in because I wanted to drive home the point that these chumps know better. They don't deserve respect I'm not the only one who go's back there what if I had children with me?

#13 ·
I agree, however I wasn't sure how to approach a bunch of morons shooting pistols and rifles like its a video came pulling the trigger as fast as they could out of the back of a pickup truck. Not the people I want to confront wile unarmed. Even if I said it nicely they could have gotten angry at me.

#18 ·
I am a huge supporter of our troops and have many veterans as friends and many veterans in my family ranging through every conflict back to ww2. that being said...a lot of the guys coming home are not right in the head. they either feel entitled , or they are just plain screwed up from what they've seen and done, and definitely need counseling/medication in order to possible one day become normal people again. and these people are my friends and family, so don't get me wrong. but perhaps the gov't should spend more time/effort/and money assimilating veterans back in to society

#20 ·
They were discussing being vets one had a us army assault pack not one you can buy in the store. Also two of them had on unit t shirts that you can only get from your unit. They also bragged about eating for free all day because they were veterans. Wasn't exactly hard to piece together they wanted it to be known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.