Saw a few last night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Was out in 55 yesterday and saw a few younger does right outside the WMA boundary. Doesn't that always seem to be the case? They're always out of grasp. Only seen one other hunter out there and a bunch of old stands (south end.) Debating on whether or not it is worth it for me to by a permit bow being that I still haven't filled my fall bow. I need some meat for the freezer.
    09 Mission Eliminator 28/60
    Slick Trick Broadhead
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro arrows

Member #
    Debating on whether or not it is worth it for me to by a permit bow being that I still haven't filled my fall bow. I need some meat for the freezer.
    I'm in the same boat. I havn't hunted much in the past few weeks and once pheasant season starts i'll be doing that more. It may not be worth it to get the permits for me.

Member #
    kaleohano808 get the permits if you just need meet dont get the buck tag. if your tight on money you never know especially during the rut deer can be anywhere.
    Hoyt Spyder 30 70#
    Grim Reaper 1 3/4 RT

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I drove through there last nite and tonite a couple guys out. Think I am hunting it tomorrow morning still hunting and calling.

Member #
    Yeah, I was out there tonight and saw one guy dressin' an 80#er on my way out. Only seen a couple of tracks and the body of one going through the woods near the tracks I saw. Lookin' to go out tomorrow mornin' or night-tryin' to get a better look- probably goin' to use the climber tomorrow.
    Slick Trick Broadhead

Member #
    As far as the permit I think I'm goin' to get both.
    Slick Trick Broadhead

Member #
    Get the permit and hunt it during permit. There will be half the guys that are there during fall bow this month. You will have most places to yourself, if you walk a little further.
    Michigan transplant, Now live in South Jersey.

Member #
    Zone blows... No fields planted on or around the WMA. Deer get smaller every year. Add to that that more than 1 club drives during ML both early days & every saturday. 6day sees its share of clubs also. The pheasent hunters venture farther into the cover each year which can help. 4x4 trucks ,quads 7 dirt bikes love the place to the point where I roll my window down going around the sharper turns so not to head-on anybody.

Everybody always says go deep. It works but most likly you will run into another guy already working the area. Hunter spend more time screwing others spots than looking for their own.
    Sorry for the rant, 23+ years hunting there & am upset with what goes on each year.
    The act of killing is visceral .......

Member #
    I see this post is from last year. Was wondering if anyone is hunting zone 55? I am hunting there wanted to see if anyone had any advice or pointers to help me. Thanks
    NRA Life Member
    UBNJ Member

Member #
    Any other Glassboro WMAers out there? I work close enough to hunt it, usually Weekday evenings.

It is tough going so far. Hard to get a good idea of their routines. That may also be because their is so much human activity in there that they do not generally have strong habits. I think i'm going to start still hunting from the ground to cover more area and gain more knowledge faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors