Zone 55 - 10/30 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone 55 - 10/30

Member #
    SSSSSSHHHHHHHh!
    The act of killing is visceral .......

Member #
    My father and I each got a rooster there first thing this morning and missed two others. 3 minutes before legal time we had a rooster strutting up the road that seperates the fields. We let him slip in the field and then worked the dog on him. I had a perfect shoot at another rooster on a 5yd flush and when I put the bead on him, All I could see was the orange hat of some jackass that decided that it would be a good idea to work directly across our line of fire and I had to pull the shot away. All in all , it was still a good morning. Also saw a large hen struttin across someone's dirt driveway on the way out .
    "Here's to swimming with bow legged women"

Member #
    I hunted Glassboro for 15 years, in and out of the state. I have never seen a mature deer in there. I have shot 2 1/2 olds but never a mature deer. I have learned alot about deer hunting in them woods, mostly back before baiting was legal. Glassboro woods are really cool, I would love to be the sole owner of them woods, I know if people would pass the young bucks that place could produce some monsters!
    Michigan transplant, Now live in South Jersey.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    It's getting so thick and swampy in certain spots that I think the terrian would give the Navy SEALS a run for their money. The mud by the "gaslines" is like quicksand.Many years ago, I tried to walk through a shallow puddle there , and immediatly sunk up to my waist in mud and had to be pulled out by another hunter. There were tire tracks leading right through it , so maybe somebody's car was down there as well Ive also seen walls of briars 8 Ft. high and 20Ft. deep in some spots in that place.

Member #
    I have been out there a few times for pheasant with my dad. He used to hunt it a lot more for pheasant before I was born. The times I have gone out I have seen a lot of good sign and some nice rubs. The swamps are nasty, but there are some really big deer in there. I think like the #5 jersey deer came outta there or something like that. He told me he used to see really nice bucks run in front of him and behind him on the trails. I thought about bow hunting it this fall but passed it up because I found a closer place..I may look into it next year.
    To fish or not to fish...what a stupid question

state record LMB here I come

http://alluringbaits.com/?q=affiliate/Fishgod82

Member #
    I live 5 minutes away, but it seems like it would get too crowded for bow with all the old stands and ribbons in such a small area. I keep saying i'm gonna give it a try there, but keep driving to Winslow WMA each year.Maybe next year.

Member #
    I have a friend that lives very close to the woods and he has 35 should mounts on his walls and 75 percent of them have came within a mile of his house. There are big deer around there, you just have to find areas that aren't as pressured so they feel confortable moving during daylight hours.
    Michigan transplant, Now live in South Jersey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors