Dirt bikes on WMA? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Dirt bikes on WMA?

Member #
    I use to trailer mine to PA,WV,Chatsworth in NJ NJORP when it was open (Great private park that dep shut down ). I use to buy and register them in PA would not give NJ one dime . NJ does not realize the money that could be made if they opened up some land and ran it correctly . Registration,permits and etc. Look at WV they have helped there economy tremendously with off road vehicle parks .Most of those towns were in trouble with the coal mines closing down or going to strip mining . Now they are flourishing again. The only problem in NJ the money it would generate would not go where it is suppose to go . The governor and his friends would use it else where. PA opens a lot of there parks but only when hunting season is closed .PA does have some nice riding areas. I do agree unless you have a private piece or are willing to trailer out of state do not buy a ATV, UTV or Dirt Bike in this state.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cransiear View Post
    I hunt a WMA up north I see quads and dirt bikes all the time. I've had deer at my stand while the atvs go by, sometimes they get spooked and run, sometimes they don't. We as hunters have thousands of acres to enjoy our "sport", "hobby", "lifestyle" atv and dirt bikers have 0 public land to enjoy theirs. Unless they're purposely causing a hunter problems, I don't see what the issue is. I used to ride when I was younger. I paid $80 a year for insurance on my quad. I rode it on lake Hopatcong when it froze solid. The ice fishermen would cuss and yell and carry on,like I scared every fish out of the lake when you drove by. In my opinion people need to chill out and let others be.
    The difference you speak of is that hunters/fishermen have paid for that wma. What has that dirt bike rider contributed?

Member #
    Stupid is what stupid does.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by deadonshot View Post
    The difference you speak of is that hunters/fishermen have paid for that wma. What has that dirt bike rider contributed?
    I'm the first to say keep dirt bikes/orvs off our public lands (except, perhaps in organized parks) but you you know that your premise is incorrect. Most WMA acreage was purchase with tax payer money, not hunter/fisherman fees.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by electricstart View Post
    I use to trailer mine to PA,WV,Chatsworth in NJ NJORP when it was open (Great private park that dep shut down ). I use to buy and register them in PA would not give NJ one dime . NJ does not realize the money that could be made if they opened up some land and ran it correctly . Registration,permits and etc. Look at WV they have helped there economy tremendously with off road vehicle parks .Most of those towns were in trouble with the coal mines closing down or going to strip mining . Now they are flourishing again. The only problem in NJ the money it would generate would not go where it is suppose to go . The governor and his friends would use it else where. PA opens a lot of there parks but only when hunting season is closed .PA does have some nice riding areas. I do agree unless you have a private piece or are willing to trailer out of state do not buy a ATV, UTV or Dirt Bike in this state.
    The old Chatsworth park closed because they only had permission to use the land for ten years from the start. Too bad they didn't use that time to line up a new location.

Dominant Buck 230grain hollowpoint's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rdfhunter View Post
    Please call the warden with the possible houses. That loud bike has been giving us issues all year.
    They will not do anything. I gave them information an dirt bike riders at Wildcat Ridge once. I told them the location of the house they were coming from and the time of day they were riding. It was high school kids who were riding when they get home from school. No action by CO's as far as I know.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    I'm the first to say keep dirt bikes/orvs off our public lands (except, perhaps in organized parks) but you you know that your premise is incorrect. Most WMA acreage was purchase with tax payer money, not hunter/fisherman fees.
    Initially, the purchase of lands for the Wildlife Management Area System was funded entirely from the sale of hunting and fishing licenses. In 1961, the first of several Green Acres bond issues was approved, enabling the general public to participate in the development of the system. Approximately half of the present system was purchased through the Green Acres bond issues. Operational funding is provided entirely by hunters and anglers. Capital projects such as boat ramps, dams and parking lots are usually funded through combinations of Federal Aid (funds from excise taxes on sporting equipment), Green Acres and General Fund Capital appropriations.
    The act of killing is visceral .......

Member #
    Yeah, that's about right rdf, except according to DFW's website, 235k of the 345k acres of WMAs were purchased with green acres money.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    The old Chatsworth park closed because they only had permission to use the land for ten years from the start. Too bad they didn't use that time to line up a new location.
    I was member to the end and they tried everything to find a new place. NJORVP would find a piece (several)and state or dep would say no . The state and dep blocked every site. Njorvp and its members were willing to pay for everything . Very sad really great place for families .

Member #
    Well let's see.....
    they break the law now but when they're made legal on state property they'll follow all the rules
    The act of killing is visceral .......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors