New Jersey Hunters banner

Woods behind Westwood Swim Club in Eastampton

7K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  yoda 
#1 ·
Hi all. First time poster here.

I was walking in the woods behind Westwood swim club in Eastampton Burlington County on Sunday December 13th 2015 and noticed a number of stands in various areas between the high tension towers and the area between Westwood, John and Mollys, and the church right next to the blue house on Monmouth Road.

I'm curious about 2 things.

1) Is hunting permitted in that area?

2) When will hunting season end in that area?

#10 ·
I don't know barkers brook..I know it's behind the old Gregorys on woodlane road

#13 ·
Here's how the property used to be..I'm talking 15 years ago..the owner was an out of stater who just owned the piece but never really cared who was out there. I don't know who owns it now or if it's the same person..guys will tell you they have permission 99.9 percent dont.

#19 ·
Before anyone else thinks this guy is just walking on private property where guys have lease rights it's not like that. .it's just big woods alot of wetlands. Surrounded by houses and businesses and stuff like that. People have been hunting it for years. You just park on the road and walk in. You never have a problem with anyone. I know technically it's not right but this has gone on for 30 years. A few members on here have hunted it as well. I stopped a long time ago because it got to crowded.

#24 ·
I hunted that area going back to the early seventies and it was hunted hard back then especially when there were big grass fields and a lot of wild pheasants.The grass fields turned into woodlands after that and wetland areas. There were some big deer back there long ago,but it was and obviously still is hunted hard.

#25 · (Edited)
I hunted it almost every day after school back in the late 70's early 80's. Used to walk there from my house. Before there was a carriage park, cvs, and such. Used to be a good rabbit, pheasant, and quail spot, back when there was grass field areas. Now I believe its owned by a guy with a last name of hogue. He used to own hogue concrete in cherry hill. He was a customer of mine. Talked with him about that place many times. Apparantly they own/lease from jacksonville rd. All the way over to the area mentioned. If you go down jacksonville rd. There is a small dirt rd access with a locked chain across it, about 1/2 mile or so, right before that first lil horse farm.. There clubhouse is back there. He has invited me to stop in a few times. I can hear them shooting from my house now. He said they flooded some timber back there for duck hunting. I wouldnt trespass in there, he doesnt take kindly to it, and said he doesnt give warnings. Prosecuted to the fully extent. And yes, ive jumped some monster bucks back then when i was rabbit hunting. I had a blast when I was a kid back there. I remember taking a new gf back there and letting her shoot the gun. It really turned her on. Had one hell of an afternoon when we got back home [hihi]

#26 ·
It's owned by a group of hunters from Salem county. We had the property the yr before they bought it and took it over. They do and will prosecute. I talk to one of them occasionally during the season. There's no trespassing signs everywhere around that property. Just look. Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.