Score this buck please! (pics) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    GROSS SCORES IS ALL I CARE ABOUT... every inch a buck grows is what its all about
    Unfortunately, as mentioned above, "gross score" hardly measures "every inch a buck grows". (The fact that “spread” or “air” between the beams is actually a measurement should make that pretty clear to begin with.)

All any scoring system does is assign a number to a rack that is hopefully somewhat indicative of the characteristics of the rack. While gross score will give you an extremely generic idea of what a rack looks like...Knowing the rest of the commonly accepted scoring data is the only way to start forming a real picture of the rack without actually handling it...assigning a "score" of 175" gross to a buck tells you very little about the character of the buck the score is designed to describe....assigning a full descriptive BnC "score" to a 175" gross buck with 15pts and 20" of non-typical growth that nets 170" is a far more meaningful "score"...The Full BnC score actually gives a real representative description of the character of the bucks.

Now, don't get me wrong "gross" is great...but most people that try to knock "net" do so primarily based on the misunderstanding that it "takes away" from a buck....the reality could not be farther from the truth...all "net" does is add to the usefulness of the score by making it much more descriptive of the likely characteristics of the rack.

JC

Member #

Member #
    GROSS SCORES IS ALL I CARE ABOUT... every inch a buck grows is what its all about

Same here. If it measures out at 120, its 120 ! I dont recognize net score unless I'm entering a contest.

I think the buck pictured above will go around 130", just under.

I'd shoot him
    I'm the smile on the face of every criminal you'll ever acquit. I'm the things you've done that you'll never admit....

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    low 120's
    I noticed alot of guys or girls on this site are worried about how much a deer will score . Its a nice buck and if you take this buck it might be the nicest buck you will ever get. Hunters need to feel satisfied on how they get the deer ,not the size or how much it scored . Best of luck and dont worry what other people think
    Maybe some of us only shoot deer that would qualify for the book. He asked the question. If you don't care what it scores don't ask. If the deer makes you happy then take it. Unfortunateley anything less than 140 doesnt make me happy anymore...To each his own

Member #
    Great Buck Good Luck with Him

Member #
    how you get him

Member #
    jchartboy i think you're wrong the B&C score reflects symetry and balance both b&c and p&y have VERY BAD systems for scoring a dispacement test should be a major factor currently its very minor with only the 8 circumfrence measurements added in need a new system these two stink

Member #
    Good luck with him.
    My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C4-5 quadriplegic.

New Jersey Hunting Maps

Member #
    119 7/8 lol nice deer to bad you couldn't nail him in velvet he looks bigger great deer either way.

Member #
    around 125". did u kill him yet??? if not who cares what it scores because we will never know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors