Howell living farm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Howell living farm?

Member #
    Hi everybody, I moved to Hamilton last year and found Howell living farm. But they never sent me the packet. I just contacted them and they will send a packet out this year. How is the hunting there? And how do they work it?
    Thanks, pete

Member #
    awesome you should have the whole place to yourself....until they taze you & fold you up like a lawn chair
    Being friendly and being a friend are two different things......The fox acts friendly towards the lamb..... The Wolf does not. More often the fox ends up with the Lamb chop. Not the wolf.

Member #
    It is a working farm owned by the state and you can hunt there if you apply for a permit threw them.
    How the hunting is I don't know because I have never hunted there. I just take the kids there on lazy days to check out the farm animals.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    You can shoot cows, horses, chickens, pigs, sheep and goats. Not sure what the bag limit is.
    State land hunter likes this.

Member #
    If you referring to the small , I think 18 acre piece, I hunted it years ago when they first opened it. It was Loaded with Dear but you really needed to be in their early in the hunt to have a chance at anything good.Also, the hunting across the street at Baldpate or old Kuser Mtn has really brought the deer numbers Down . You might have better luck there as the area is much bigger and they allow hunting also. Its like 1,000 acres. Shot some real nice bucks in their the first three years they opened the place. Bucks had to be 6pts or better.

Dominant Buck Bone Collector 85's Avatar
    Member #
    Seen some nice deer there last year but like tcook said if your not picked for the first few days you will see nothing
    "There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of a bow than there is hunting with the sureness of a gun." -Fred Bear

Member #
    Hence my handle I grew up on wooden lane, am a wooden, and hunted all around Howell farm. I am assuming the 18 acre piece is either off hunter rd down by my passed on great aunts old place or off of wooden lane by the pines next to fiddler creek. Kuser my was a hoot and you have way more flexibility. Your not stuck on a tiny piece. Pm me and I can tell you where to go, at least when I was hunting there. Pulled an awesome buck outta there on private ground that bordered it, and multiple 120" + bucks on another place that borders it. I hunted off the rd to the caretakers off fiddler creek rd on the permit and had my limit(2 at a time) three times in one day.

Member #
    Used to be some nice bucks on Woodens lane.
    Howell farm used to be like a santuary.
    Shame some houses got built on the better spots

Had alot of fun on the Wooden farm in the 80's and 90's/
    shot some nice bucks as well as a ton of geese
    Last edited by hammer4reel; 12-23-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Capt.Dan Bias

Member #
    I can remember the days of the decoys down by the pond, now you can't even see it from the house with the gigantic sand mound that had to be put in when the house and buildings were sold. I remember as a kid there being only hunt's, the cement block castle,vansickles, than Gary bleachers, the farm, tom woodens and Howell farm. When the other side of the street was sold a house, and two mcmansions were built. Now there's 14 more houses on it that's why I left and moved out to central pa. It became a real hassle after brauningers was sold, vansickles was chopped up, and every piece of property below but the mum guy changed hands before I left, I quit hunting in nj 2 years after I left in 2003 cause with nobody around they just hunted all over and thought they could hunt on there. Last year I hunted I took a buck by cousins down in al woodens old stand than while watching the stone mansion all afternoon took a buck out of Joey woodens old stand on edge of cedars above Tommy house.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden View Post
    I can remember the days of the decoys down by the pond, now you can't even see it from the house with the gigantic sand mound that had to be put in when the house and buildings were sold. I remember as a kid there being only hunt's, the cement block castle,vansickles, than Gary bleachers, the farm, tom woodens and Howell farm. When the other side of the street was sold a house, and two mcmansions were built. Now there's 14 more houses on it that's why I left and moved out to central pa. It became a real hassle after brauningers was sold, vansickles was chopped up, and every piece of property below but the mum guy changed hands before I left, I quit hunting in nj 2 years after I left in 2003 cause with nobody around they just hunted all over and thought they could hunt on there. Last year I hunted I took a buck by cousins down in al woodens old stand than while watching the stone mansion all afternoon took a buck out of Joey woodens old stand on edge of cedars above Tommy house.
    Guessing that your Danny ?

Capt.Dan Bias

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors