Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RPK0620
  • 1 Post By Trader979
  • 1 Post By RPK0620
  • 2 Post By ELKHUNTJB

Thread: Pheasant Stockings

Member #

Pheasant Stockings

I was told the pheasant this year are coming from a private bird farm that are being stocked on WMA's. I was not able to get out yesterday. I wondering on how the quality of he birds are this year compared to the birds from RockPort in past years?

Member #
    The ones we had for the youth hunt were big and healthy as were the ones we took yesterday.
    Fishman likes this.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RPK0620 View Post
    The ones we had for the youth hunt were big and healthy as were the ones we took yesterday.
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Youth hunt and opening day. Agree birds were big and healthy.
    Fishman likes this.

Member #
    i wish theyd stock some nice Michigan or Alabama,ILLINOISE deer, for cost of a stamp the burd hunters can really clean up.a bird is like what 8$ dollars each. so thats a couple birds and it pays for itself. for a deer hunter paying hundreds the only thing stacked im mean stocked is layers of green paper in my george costanaza wallet holder that i have to pin on my back like a criminal. wish we could just keep it in out wallets like other states. i mean they can just run your plate out at the road to see if you have the proper licenses. at least you can print some of it at home. kudos!

Member #
    so far the birds have been good, but they are getting them from out of state (PA). I wonder how weather will play with the stocking and arrival of the birds from PA as the winter moves in. Fingers crossed

Member #
    Got 2 very nice cock birds at Colliers Mills this afternoon and the hens we got opening day were very nice also.
    I used to get birds for a club I belonged to that came in from PA and as the winter progressed there was no noticable change in them.
    Fishman likes this.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    The birds we've shot in Colliers Mills this week have been very healthy looking , colorful and larger then years past.
    RPK0620 and Fishman like this.

Member #

Pheasant Stocking

Quote Originally Posted by FinDictive View Post
    I was told the pheasant this year are coming from a private bird farm that are being stocked on WMA's. I was not able to get out yesterday. I wondering on how the quality of he birds are this year compared to the birds from RockPort in past years?
    Birds are being purchased , I heard from Maryland or Pa but no one seems to know for sure. Youth week was good , great stocking and nice sized roosters but hens were small. Opening day saw large and small birds taken but was a good day. Most of our fields on the stocking map haven't been stocked since opening day, so don't know whats up with that, but those of you getting stocked fields and big pheasants , enjoy and have fun.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    i wish theyd stock some nice Michigan or Alabama,ILLINOISE deer, for cost of a stamp the burd hunters can really clean up.a bird is like what 8$ dollars each. so thats a couple birds and it pays for itself. for a deer hunter paying hundreds the only thing stacked im mean stocked is layers of green paper in my george costanaza wallet holder that i have to pin on my back like a criminal. wish we could just keep it in out wallets like other states. i mean they can just run your plate out at the road to see if you have the proper licenses. at least you can print some of it at home. kudos!
    Is there anything that you will NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT??

Sponsors