New Jersey Hunters banner

Big Bucks, Local ordinance in piscataway,NJ disposing a shot???

15K views 35 replies 29 participants last post by  BowHunter96 
#1 ·
Howdy,

They are some huge bucks here in piscataway, which falls in zone 36, Is there a local ordinance prohibiting the disposing a shot in this town.

Yes following all the rules, 450 ft from school or building etc.

I been watching these fellas eating up my shrubs, my cherry trees, my little garden. Looking at me straight in the eyes, Asking me what you gonna do about it!!

#3 ·
I watch them all the time had great property also but you cant hunt in town I had permisson to hunt by the stadium but you cant ,alot of huge deer in there

#9 ·
yes you can. and i do with the gun and bow. took 4 deer so far this year. you just have to be 500 ft away from house or building. i park and across the street the cops are sitting doing radar and they see me. the one guy we hunt with has a conversation now and then with the one cop as he comes out of the woods.

#11 ·
townships dont have the authority to make laws like that, nor can they enforce them
Townships can enact no discharge of firearms laws and they DO ENFORCE them in most areas. Try shooting in princeton city limits and you have the cops on you before the bullet hits the ground.

Reactions: gatorguy
#16 ·
that how towns get around hunting. they cannot tell you no hunting, but they can stop you from discharging a firearm for what ever the reason.

Little falls nj town ordinance 74-1

The discharge of any firearms, bow and arrow, crossbow, slingshot, air gun, spring gun, gas gun or any other device which impels a projectile through the use of force is prohibited in the Township of Little Falls.
but 74-2 Exceptions
A. Any duly appointed law officer in the course of his or her official duty.
B. The use of firearms when necessary for the preservation of human life.
C. The use of firearms when hunting in conformity with the applicable laws and regulations of the State of New Jersey.
D. Use of a firearm on a licensed pistol, rifle or firearm range and under the supervision of the Police Department.
Yet all cops in my town tell me often try to hunt and see what happens.

Comments? also what are all the regs i need to follow i know about 450 from building what else is there?[confused]

#17 ·
Yet all cops in my town tell me often try to hunt and see what happens.
Which is what? They'll want some venison too?[hihi] Really though, if I had a spot here in town within the law, I'd go for it, but with a bow only. I wouldn't use the bow either if I thought there was a chance a deer was going to drop and bleed-out if front of a school bus stop. So, a little common sense and a little extra etiquette is called for. BTW, I hear shotgun blasts on opening day firearm along the powerlines almost every year, never heard of anyone getting arrested.

#20 ·
never heard of anyone getting arrested.
I always hear the cops. never heard the shotgun blasts but do hear them going out every year for reports of bow hunters in trees on ethel and jean dr.

few dispatchers said they call if the pd had to put down a deer for whatever reason. :D

#23 ·
Sounds like they're either violating the 450' rule or trespassing on PSE&G's or someone elses property, or both.
yeah i never really follow up on it but def think they got them on both. also hear them going out for shotgun blasts on park pl near amity park.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.