New private property need some advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New private property need some advice

Member #

New private property need some advice

Just got access to a 150 acre tree farm. Only been coming about a month. The property is bordered by woods with a bean field bordering it at one end, a wood lot on one end, and another bean field across the road. The question I am having is where to set up. There is sign all over the place. I drive in and see deer. A lot of days I sit though i don't see anything. I've baited a few spots that look like travel routes but there are a lot of travel routes. The bait piles go untouched for the most part. The days I do see deer I'll see a bunch. Problem also is the workers are here from 8am - 3pm. One of the spots I'm set up on has a ton of rubs and new ones every day. I see scrapes and I'm setup between the scrapes and rubs on a mowed path. Hardly see an action during the day. Most movement at night. Don't really want to scout to much anymore do to the time of year. It's my cousins property and I'm kinda listening to him on where he sees deer in the morning and evening. Also there are very limited spots to hang a stand so I have a couple up and a couple of blinds. Pretty much asking how you would set up, advice maybe from people who have hunted this kind of property. I'm used to hunting woods and county parks so I'm excited to hunt where no one else is or can bother my set ups. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Buck619 likes this.

Member #
    Keith
    If you have standing beans I would be hunting them until they cut them. It sounds like the days you arent seening deer is because your hunting it on the wrong wind. I would sit in my truck one night and see where they are coming into the bean field set up there in a climber and only hunt it on the right wind. Good luck man sounds like you got a good spot

Member #
    Sounds like you should set up in an area where the workers won't disturb you and near where the deer are bedding. Once you get set up do some grunting. Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Use a couple trail cams as well.

Member #
    Deer are used to the workers, concentrate on where the deer come from when you do see them. Look for transitions and funnels.
    319onthehoof likes this.
    You see the size of that GOSH DARN chicken?

Member #
    sounds like a good problem to have wish i had troubles like that! i agree hunt the beans, its the same old story bucks are where the does are and does are where the food is good luck buddy!

Member #
    I think the problem is when they hit property. Sunday night I saw a bunch of does come out about 100 yards from my stand. Don't want to keep moving my stands and blinds. The bean field isn't on my propertery and someone already hunts that corner. I'm set up in a spot near the road on the " morning side" of the property. A whole lot if fresh rubs and a big scrape. Set two cameras out and I'm two days just a few does on camera late. Thinking about sitting another afternoon where I saw all the does and if they come out the same way again move a blind there. The main part of the property is the tree farm itself not much woods to go into. The lack of bait activity and trail cam pics is what gets me due to the amount of sign. Tracks are everywhere. Like I said not a lot of climbable trees. Just don't know what to do.

Member #
    I think the best way to handle your problem would be to give me exclusive hunting rights and I'll provide you with a 5 year study when I'm done. Hope this helps.
    NRA Life Member
    FoxPro Staff
    Crimson Talon Broadheads Staff
    Black Widow Deer Lures Staff
    Liquid Ghost Staff
    Ugly Buck Staff

Member #
    Haha

Member #
    I'm hunting a private property tree farm 400 acres same situation Mexicans constantly moving irrigation pipes digging trees whatever I feel I wasted my whole season there ...tonite I connected with a doe just for something for freezer its getting better all the time now the woods is thinning out you can scout see runs it takes time good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors