Greenwood forest
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Greenwood forest

Member #

Greenwood forest

Has anyone been out to Greenwood to work dogs yet. Am going to Colliers Mills tomorrow AM. There are only 2 field trials at Greenwood this fall, think both are in October. Will most likely wait till after that for Greenwood.

Member #
    First

Member #
    May see you tomorrow at CM.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I dont get into working my dogs like that until there has been birds put out . It would be just another walk in the park for them . Colliers is great after / during those field trials . Thats always fun days with the dogs ! I guess Im lucky my dogs turn one like a switch when season comes around . I try and go to Bent Creek once before season and I also bring the dogs to the Youth Pheasent Hunt , that really sets them off and ready to hunt !!!!
    Last edited by Boykin Runner; 09-23-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Member #
    The reason I try to regularly run my dog, and its usually at Colliers Mills, is to keep her in shape year round.
    Boykin Runner likes this.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RPK0620 View Post
    The reason I try to regularly run my dog, and its usually at Colliers Mills, is to keep her in shape year round.
    Hey RPK0620, Is that where you usually hunt ? Ive only ran the dogs down there a few times ,never hunted it. I hear ya about keeping the pup in shape, my wife or I run the dogs every day in the local park a couple times a day to help keep up the conditioning levels, these Boykins have a ton of energy ! Hope to see ya out sometime !
    RPK0620 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Boykin Runner View Post
    Hey RPK0620, Is that where you usually hunt ? Ive only ran the dogs down there a few times ,never hunted it. I hear ya about keeping the pup in shape, my wife or I run the dogs every day in the local park a couple times a day to help keep up the conditioning levels, these Boykins have a ton of energy ! Hope to see ya out sometime !
    I basically hunt Colliers Mills for Pheasant and Greenwood for quail. Greenwood on Saturdays with my son and Colliers during the week usually by myself. I am retired and go usually about an hour or so after the start time so I don't have to contend with the crowd. I like Colliers because it is easy to walk and the wood ticks are basically non existent due to the controlled burns they do there in the spring. I live closer to Assunpink but the wood ticks, briars and honeysuckle tangles are not too my liking. Now NAVHDA does training and field trials at Colliers from March until September so I am fortunate to go on Mondays after they have been there and usually can find something left over. Also, my GSP covers anywhere from 4 to 7 miles depending on the weather during this time of year when we are out for only an hour or so, but during the season twice that amount is the norm..... so I get her out 3 days a week for the hour or so offseason and also every evening for about ½ hour. Keeps bot of us in good shape. Reach out when you want to go to Colliers and we can meet.

Member #
    Still did not make it out with the dogs. Still busy at the store and starting to put down some hardwood flooring in the house to upgrade. Thinking about down sizing.
    If any is interested I have 3 remote release traps from Lion Country Supply, with remote. are in perfect shape, Quail Pigeon size. I am thinking of selling. Over $600 new, if I decide to sell will be asking $350 sold only as a set.
    Just talked to friends in South West North Dakota. Birds rebounded again this year. Wish I had time to make it out.

Member #
    i wouldnt venture into Greenwood til after first frost, the chiggears are vicious in september earlyoctober.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    i wouldnt venture into Greenwood til after first frost, the chiggears are vicious in september earlyoctober.
    I went to manasquan a couple weeks ago and walked into a nest. I wanted to burn my effing legs off for a week after that. Still not all gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors