Greenwood forest - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Greenwood forest

Member #
    Boykin Runner Sent you a pm.

Member #
    Hunted greenwood Thanks giving. Got my 4 birds with 5 shots all in the woods. Another 90 plus cars but was not bad. finished up with 1 1/2 mile walk back to the car. Dog had 8 more finds in the woods on singles. A little windy by very nice out.
    The Bomber likes this.

Member #
    Out this morning at Greenwood, 12-21-19, dog found a nice covey of at least 15 birds in the woods. got two on the covey rise and then two singles. Worked the dog all the way back to the car and had 8 more finds. Dog worked perfect, stayed close. Sent conditions must have been good pointed his birds, even the singles at a good distance. GREAT DAY!!!!
    ringmyneck likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hage, have you hunted Greenwood in January? My first time there was 12/31 this week and we didn't put up any birds. I must say, it might be my favorite spot in NJ though. What a beautiful place. Really hoping to get the dog on some birds next week, if you don't think it'd be worth the drive I guess I will try a preserve. Thanks.

Member #
    Yes I have with some luck but you have to do a lot of walking and cover a lot of ground. If you come in from the front, main parking. I would go to the right and follow the field trail root. you can see it on google maps and just let the dog hunt. I have most of my luck on the North side of the center road the runs east to west. Good luck.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hage.230 View Post
    Yes I have with some luck but you have to do a lot of walking and cover a lot of ground. If you come in from the front, main parking. I would go to the right and follow the field trail root. you can see it on google maps and just let the dog hunt. I have most of my luck on the North side of the center road the runs east to west. Good luck.
    Made it out again on Friday 1/11. My vizsla put up a bird but of course, I missed. Met a two other hunters that didn't see much. Hopefully we can try again soon!
    ringmyneck likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors