Greenwood forest - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Greenwood forest

Member #
    Out for the opener on Sat, a lot of people. Had shots at two got one. The rest of the time birds flushed towards other hunters and could not shoot. Went out Monday afternoon, all alone, found a good covey of quail and got my 4 birds out of it. will try again tomorrow for a bit in the morning then to work by nine. There is that four letter word again. WORK!!!

Member #
    Lost my mind went out this morning, MONDAY

Member #
    If you guys are locals and not wearing permithion ( Sawyers) on your clothes your nuts lol
    I moved here from up north and it only took one time in the woods with shorts and a T shirt to learn what chiggers are , Pure hell!

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Went down on Monday morning after taking 2 pheasent at Assunpink . No qual , lots of ticks !!!!!

Member #
    Have not found one tick on my dogs and Yeti is all white and I run a flee comb over him when I get home.
    Boykin Runner likes this.

Member #
    Ill be going down tommorow morning after Assunpink !

Member #
    I would bet that you picked up the ticks at Assunpink and not Greenwood. I hunt Greenwood & Colliers Mills and never have ticks...... Assunpink and then am loaded with them.
    Boykin Runner likes this.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    At greenwood this morning and got my birds in about 25 min. Dog did great and was not to many people.
    Boykin Runner and ringmyneck like this.

Member #
    OUt this morning and took an hour to get my birds. Not because of the dog I was just missing bad. Was using a fairly new Franchi Instinct SL that just does not fit me. Thinking of selling it. took me 16 shots to get 4 birds. On Thursday with my old gun I shot my 4 birds with 5 shots. Think I will stick with the old 20 over and under.
    Also there where a lot of hunters out today. took a drive around the property at around 8:30 and counted 91 cars in the parking lots. Even still it did not feel crowded.

Member #
    I went to Greenwood after getting 2 Pheasent at Assunpink , I got there around 1030 , birds where far and few between for me and my3 dogs , they got on alot of hot spots but no birds to flush . I felt bad because they work their ass off ... but we did come out with 2 buy 2PM. Im still getting a feel for that place so we walked more towards the outer edges hoping birds got flushed to the outside by the time I got there ..still a great day !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors