Looking For English Setter Stud
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking For English Setter Stud

Member #

Looking For English Setter Stud

My female Dun Roven setter should be in heat this month, looking for a small frame male used only for foot hunting, Woodcock/Quail. No field trial dog wanted. Must be FDSB registered.
    If you have something and want to chat LMK. and we'll exchange numbers.
    I'm located in Wanaque, NJ, Passaic County
    Text works best for me 862--200-4121

Member #
    Gotta love people like you. You have a bonafide field trial dog from Michigan where some of the best cover dogs are ran bred and yes hunted but oh no you don't want to breed to one of us terrible nasty field trial dog owners now. Gotta a kennel full of them that go to Maine every year and hunt nothing but wild birds but they're all low life field trial dogs.

Member #
    Hey RuffHills how ya been? Hope all is well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Been well Bob thanks.

Member #
    Ruff:

Glad to hear that you are doing well and still running those dogs. I am hoping to get up to Maine again this year the first week of October. Planning it now!

Member #
    Bob give me a call. Just got back and still have guys up there running
    Last edited by ruffhills; 08-11-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Member #
    Hey ruffhills, if I was looking for opinions I would have posted "Looking for your opinion" guess what i am not!! You work about your kennel I'll worry about mine.
    RPK0620 likes this.

Member #
    No problem fair enough. You say you have a kennel. How many dogs you carrying? How many breedings have you done at your place? Now you've peaked my interest. Where have your dog's been placed? Maybe I could talk to some of the people that have them to find out where and how they're hunted. Again sorry to piss in your wheaties. Wish you all the best
    Last edited by ruffhills; 08-15-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Member #
    goat hill, i have known ruff hills for way to many years to count just makes us old..LOL He is a dedicated and honest individual to the breed as well as having tons and tons of experience hunting his dogs and others from New York State to Maine in pursuit of Grouse and woodcock. No finer honest person you will find. You should correspond with him as he is sure to steer you in the right direction.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobellehaus View Post
    goat hill, i have known ruff hills for way to many years to count just makes us old..LOL He is a dedicated and honest individual to the breed as well as having tons and tons of experience hunting his dogs and others from New York State to Maine in pursuit of Grouse and woodcock. No finer honest person you will find. You should correspond with him as he is sure to steer you in the right direction.
    You could have fooled me based on his initial response! Goathill simply mentioned, if you read between the lines, that he was looking for someone with a close working not a far ranging dog.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors