Looking For English Setter Stud - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Looking For English Setter Stud

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by goathill View Post
    I wonder if everyone knows what an IDIOT you are and how little you have to offer the entire hunting community.
    You just HAVE to have the last word, don't you...and it seems that it HAS to be a nasty retort.

Very childish...I must say.

You obviously do not care that you are digging your hole...deeper and deeper... with every nastygram you type.

And just for the record...I am reasonably sure that I know what I have to offer to the bird dog hunting community... and what I can still learn from that same community.

You are most welcome.

RayG

Member #
    Hey Goathill -

No snappy, nasty response??

Have you finally gotten control of your overblown ego?

Probably not...but there is always hope.

I will tell you this...

You will come to regret the day you called me out and, for your information...NOBODY tells me STFU.

NOBODY. Not ever.

But... you will figure that out.

It is "gentlemen" and "sportsmen" like yourself that, unfortunately seem to frequent this particular site, which keeps my participation here rather infrequent.

RayG
    Last edited by Birddogger; 08-28-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Member #
    Birddogger I could not agree with you more...

Heres the thing which I know you and Ruffhills know; when contemplating a breeding it takes hard work, research , and then ultimately understanding why a pairing is made. What is one trying to add to the line, or in some instances remove from a line? What is the breeding coefficient? What happens when a particular dog doubles up or triples up in a breeding? What health checks does both the male and female have? Have the hips certified? Will a brucellosis test be done? Have you seen the stud dog work, siblings or offsprings in the field? How is the bite on the dog, the eye color, and overall conformation? It is way more as you know then just putting two dogs together and wishing for the best?

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Nope still think you are an IDIOT who should mind his own business and get his head from his A**.

Member #
    And, uh yes I do call you out and think you are a PUNK

Member #
    Goathill -

I guess your ego got the better of you...again.

Now let's see where we are in this "conversation".

You spew insults and denigrate people for pointing out the relative insanity of your request... and when those insults are are responded to in an intelligent, but sarcastic manner...

That, according to you makes me a punk. Wellll - I don't think so.

There is indeed a punk in the room and if you look in a mirror, you will see him.

You are such a tool, dude. I rattle your cage and you dive right in to the mud... again. Kinda pathetic actually.

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to get into a breeding arrangement with someone as " pleasant and likeable" as yourself?

RayG

Member #
    Nobellehaus -

Getting what you want out of a breeding involves effort, expense and uncertainty. The more you want out of that breeding, the more effort, expense and especially uncertainty one will encounter.

THAT is why I have bred exactly one litter in the last forty years. I have found that, for what I want in a bird dog, I can buy a far, far better pup than I can breed.

I have the highest regard for folks, such as yourself and Ruffhills, who walk the walk and do your best to produce litters that improve the breed.

Take care and I hope you have a great season.

RayG

Member #
    RayG, my number is on the 1st post of mine that you felt so inclined to hijack, please contact me I'd love to complete this conversation in person. I have several places in NNJ we could talk. I also live here and have a a spot for conversation, but you'd need to sign a waiver. PLEASE LMK.

Member #
    RayG, thanks for the kind words. The effort does not stop when the litter is born that is where the real work begins. Good healthy pups are not an accident, there is a tremendous amount of effort and careful research to produce a line of healthy pups, a line that has the desire and intensity in the field, the natural abilities to perform the task at hand with a blend of intelligence, desire and cooperation. That effort is put forth way before the mating. When I contemplate a breeding much thought goes into the process. Sometimes the planning process begins a year or more prior to the actual mating It is way more than just putting two dogs together and hoping for the best. It takes a ton of pre-planning as to the correct paring of dogs. Then still you hope that all of your efforts are proven when the pups mature. Proving one's efforts is the hard part as those efforts can only be measured with the environment as to where a pup is placed as a result of the efforts the new owners put in.

Member #
    Goathill, There is a fellow in my gun club that has a real nice setter. I say that as not as a consideration as a stud dog but perhaps you would like to speak with him as he forgot way more about setters than I know. He may be a resource for you to contact. I have seen his dog perform in the field several times. Very nice dog hits his points very solid and has a strong nose. This person runs his dog on woodcock whenever he can and from what he tells me is a woodcock pointing fool. Everyone starts from the same point the beginning. If you like to call me my number can be found on my website which is Nobellekennel.com, I would be happy to make the introduction for you. And if you would like to meet in person let me know as our club is located in Sussex County not to far from where you are,,,

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsors