Looking For English Setter Stud - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Looking For English Setter Stud

Member #
    I had to look.

I am a pointer person, so don't know much about setter breeding. So I punched up Dun Roven setters and the first thing that was staring me in the face was a bunch of pictures of dogs with blue ribbons.

I didn't know you could get those things without entering in...AND WINNING... a field trial. Silly me.

Hey Ruffhills...glad to hear you are doing well. It has been a while.

Goathills...just for your information... I got a pointer puppy out of Erin's War Creek who won the National Open Shooting dog championship a few years back. His momma was a winning grouse dog with several placements. He has 30 field trial champions in his 64 dog, 5 generation pedigree, so literally just about every other dog in his pedigree is a horseback shooting dog or grouse trial champion.

My youngster is three years old and about 60# of muscle and bone attached to a choke bore nose. He could run into the next zip code in the time it takes me to type this sentence...but he does not.

He stays with me and hunts for me. Both on foot and from horseback. Imagine that! And guess what?? He has a bunch of derby field trial placements...all horseback stakes...and I ain't lost him yet!

Not all dogs are created equal.

I have seen the kind of dog Ruffhill's breeds and runs.

RayG

Member #
    What don't you idiots get???? If you can't answer the post for it's content STFU!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by goathill View Post
    What don't you idiots get???? If you can't answer the post for it's content STFU!!

My post was an apparently futile attempt at educating...

I apologize for the attempt and the waste of bandwidth.

Best of luck to you.

RayG

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Glad I have BOYKINS !!!! Im not into all that field trial stuff , I just love to hunt birds with my dogs that listen to me and find birds . Hope ya find what your looking for !

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hage.230 View Post
    And Bob was that a picture of you dog in Pointing Dog Journal?
    Bob here, and how have you been? Didn't run into you last pre season but maybe this year. Looking forward to getting out to CM again now that the weather seems to be breaking. I usually go out on Mon, Wed & Fri mornings. And, yes that picture (below which was in Pointing Dog Journal) was Riley in the forefront with my friends GSP, Storm at Greenwood back in 2017. Unfortunately he has to put Storm down because of massive and repeated seizures. He spent lots of $$$ and various specialized vets to try to get them under control but they just couldn't. Very sad, because he was a good dog with great potential and very young. I'm looking forward to this season and to running into you again.

Name:  RSCM.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  550.0 KB
    Last edited by RPK0620; 08-23-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    Very nice. I do appreciate the kind words.

I truly enjoy being equated with a mental defective which cannot reason beyond that of a 3 year old.
    I would have thought I at least rated the label of "moron" which has been defined as an individual who cannot reason beyond the level of a typical 12 year old.

Thank you so much and have a blessed day.

RayG

Member #
    Ruffhills, sent you a PM

Member #
    Then PAY ATTENTION, and get your head out of your ass

Member #
    Then PAY ATTENTION, and get your head out of your ass
    Once again, you have shown what a class act you are.

I do think it is rather humorous, in a perverse way, that you think that insulting folks is conducive to getting them to help you.

I do hope that anyone who might be considering letting their dog mate with yours will read these posts and understand just what manner of "gentleman" they will be dealing with before they get involved.

Maybe you might stop to consider that when you put something out on the internet...it is out there forever and you cannot take it back. You put your phone number and location on your first post. How much effort do you think it will take to find out precisely who you are.

I wonder if the folks at Dun Roven know just what kind of "gentleman" they sold a pup to. I'd bet they would want to know.

Once again, have a blessed day.

RayG

Member #
    I wonder if everyone knows what an IDIOT you are and how little you have to offer the entire hunting community.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors