Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nobellehaus
  • 1 Post By Boykin Runner
  • 1 Post By Birddogger

Thread: experienced dogs and handlers needed for private shoot

Member #

experienced dogs and handlers needed for private shoot

Hi everyone,

My name is Peter. I run a variety of shooting programs for private properties in the somerset county area. I need 4 - 6 experienced dogs and handlers for a upland pheasant hunt on the 16th of November. The shoot will run in two sessions 9-12 and 2-5. Please contact me through PM if you are interested in working your dog or dogs at this event. Roughly 150 birds will be in the fields so there will be a lot of action. 8 guns, all experienced. payment upon completion of event and lunch included.

Thanks again guys.

Peter

Member #

Experienced Dog Handlers

[QUOTE=popapete;3920983]Hi everyone,

My name is Peter. I run a variety of shooting programs for private properties in the somerset county area. I need 4 - 6 experienced dogs and handlers for a upland pheasant hunt on the 16th of November. The shoot will run in two sessions 9-12 and 2-5. Please contact me through PM if you are interested in working your dog or dogs at this event. Roughly 150 birds will be in the fields so there will be a lot of action. 8 guns, all experienced. payment upon completion of event and lunch included.

Thanks again guys.

Good Morning Peter:

I came upon your post on the site. I am interested in potentially handling my dog on the 16th upland pheasant hunt. I have been working/training bird dogs for most of my life. My dog(s) are well trained having to be in order to qualify them for breeding within the North American Der Kurzhaar club. If you would like to discuss the opportunity further please feel free to contact me via my mobile which is 201-248-0699. I may be able to assist you in you search as well for additional handlers and well trained dogs. You can also find our a lot about me on my website which is Nobellekennel.com

Bob Corsaro
    Rem Mag likes this.

Member #
    Ttt.. this seems like a nice opportunity, unfortunately for me I am dog less these days but hope a few folks can get some bird training time in..

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Popapete don't hesitate to take Bob from Nobelle up on his offer. His dogs are just what you'd be looking for. Well mannered, very well trained and have the experience to handle the birds and gunners you'd have at such an event. You would not be disappointed with Bob as a handler and mentor to some who would be there either.

Member #
    Sounds cool, but I like to know who is shooting over my dogs not strangers !
    RPK0620 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Boykin Runner View Post
    Sounds cool, but I like to know who is shooting over my dogs not strangers !
    I couldn't agree more with that statement
    Just a NJ guy that loves to hunt high in the trees!
    Instagram - @elevatedhunter
    - Rack Geter Scents-N-Lures

Member #
    [QUOTE=Nobellehaus;3920987]
    Quote Originally Posted by popapete View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks again guys.

Good Morning Peter:

I came upon your post on the site. I am interested in potentially handling my dog on the 16th upland pheasant hunt. I have been working/training bird dogs for most of my life. My dog(s) are well trained having to be in order to qualify them for breeding within the North American Der Kurzhaar club. If you would like to discuss the opportunity further please feel free to contact me via my mobile which is 201-248-0699. I may be able to assist you in you search as well for additional handlers and well trained dogs. You can also find our a lot about me on my website which is Nobellekennel.com

Bob Corsaro
    I will be in contact with you tomorrow Bob. Thank you very much for your reply. I look forward to speaking with you.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatedHunter View Post
    I couldn't agree more with that statement
    There are lots of truly fine and responsible sportsmen and women who do not own bird dogs, but who appreciate good dog work when they see it.

When I was younger, I guided a bit at a couple of preserves. Met some really nice folks. There was one group that needed "the talk" to be reinforced, but just the one group and they got the memo. For the most part, when I guided, there were two guns, one on either side of me when we moved into a point. If there were more than two in the group, they rotated and the others hung back and were only allowed to shoulder their guns if the bird passed over their heads and was flying out the back.

Never had any sort of problem and my dogs(at that time) were not steady to wing and shot. The hunters knew that and were careful.

RayG

RayG
    Boykin Runner likes this.

Member #
    maybe hit up Colliers mill on opening day.plenty of dog action there. one time i seen pitbull (staffoeshirreterrares?) my buddy hunted poodles. could probly get a few takers over that way. lotsa professionals.

Member #
    maybe hit up Colliers mill on opening day.plenty of dog action there. one time i seen pitbull (staffoeshirreterrares?) my buddy hunted poodles. could probly get a few takers over that way. lotsa professionals.
    never thought of them as bird dogs

Sponsors