Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Zero turn mowers

Member #
    I have an exmark 72" zero turn
    28hp Kawasaki
    cuts awesome

Member #
    I run exmark and toro but the list of quality commercial mowers is pretty extensive.

Dominant Buck shootemandmountem's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    we have been through them all tom. Torro z-master is what you want. Better than even (hurts to say it lol) john deere.
    ouch!

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have the small 42" John Deere for my house. It's nice but it has a few issues.

With the mulching kit installed it does not cut tall grass well on the first pass. I end up having to cut in one direction then cut it again from another direction. Not a big deal, still better and faster than using a push mower. I saw an add this year talking about an improved deck so maybe they made a deeper cutting deck allowing it to cut taller grass. I never cut without the mulching kit so I don't know how it works on tall grass with just the shute.

The front guide wheels on the mower deck are mounted on a plate that bends very easy. This happens when I'm cutting along a chain link fence trying to get close and catch the fence post. I know better but hate weed wacking so I push it sometimes. They should have reinforced the mounting plate with a truss or something???

It does not have a fuel shut off valve so I have to use Stabilizer all the time. Not a big deal if you use it all the time but at the end of the year it would be nice to shut off the fuel and run the gas out of the carb.

Other than those small issues it's great. I was looking at cutting my lawn faster and considered a lawn tractor. Glad I went with a z-turn, definitely worth the extra cash!

Always looking for that next lifetime moment!

Member #
    Exmark Lazer Z .....smooth and fast, excellent cut. Hard to beat...
    68Ioweu1 likes this.

Member #
    Anything john Deere <50" is rebadged homeowner crap.
    Commercial grade is overbuilt and meant for everyday all day abuse That's why such a big difference in price.

DDS
    Member #
    Went through this a few years ago and all I can say is get a commercial grade mower. They will outlast any thing you buy at home depot, lowes or any other residential mower. Yes you pay for them, but you will not be replacing it anytime soon, due to rust or failure.

We ended up getting a toro z-turn walk behind and have never had a problem in the 8 years owning it. It still doesnt have a spec of rust on it ether and the steal it about 1/4 thick.

Member #
    I would definitely get a commercial grade mower. They make zero turns that are homeowner grade meant for light duty and then there are commercial grade mowers that are built to run and stay running. It's worth the extra money for a commercial grade mower. I am surprised np one suggested a 60 inch Scag yet
    No matter what happens, whether you succeed or not, if you stand up and do it right and pay attention, hunting will always give you what you need. It may not be what you were looking for, but it will absolutely be important enough to justify whatever you did to get it.”
    Edison Marshall

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Ioweu1 View Post
    Anything john Deere <50" is rebadged homeowner crap.
    Commercial grade is overbuilt and meant for everyday all day abuse That's why such a big difference in price.
    That's a little harsh! I didn't buy at a big box store I bought at John Deere and if it's anything like my JD mower, and weed wacker which both were big box store models, it will serve me well. My mower, and wacker are going on 15 years old, hardly crap! Yeah I don't use it everyday or for that matter every week but they both get the job done.

As far as commercial grade goes.......they overbuild them because the end users or hired help beat them to death. Dropping them off trailers, hopping curbs, running over sprinkler heads, newspapers or anything left in their path. Cutting in the rain all day then leaving them dirty caked with grass, yeah they overbuild them because the end users in your words "abuse" them! Most homeowners don't need those bigger mowers and the ones that do just hire someone to cut their lawn because they can! I can't afford to pay so I take care of everything I spend my money on and when you do that stuff actually lasts??? Go figure.

Always looking for that next lifetime moment!

Member #
    Husqvarna MZ61 Zero Turn Mower 61" $4999.00 on the big E auction site, eastern truck. they're in Maryland and it says delivery is $1.00.
    I have one of these and paid $6000.00 last year. I doubt dollar for dollar you'll beat this deal. There's another one in Indiana, listing for $4800.00, not sure if
    free delivery. Good luck
    Last edited by houndawgg; 05-22-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors