squirrels in my attic - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: squirrels in my attic

Member #
    Lots of real good ideas. Now where do I get 100 lbs of dynamite?
    Last edited by optowalt; 04-10-2016 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    shootemandmountem likes this.

Member #
    I didn't realize they are so destructive. Now I have to find the way in first.

Member #
    Victor Rat traps with peanut butter or 110 conibear mounted on piece of wood with apple slice

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Go get 'em right away. My saga lasted years, caused much damage and it got personal. They even chewed up my climber. It was never ending for a while. I have hatred for them. This was next:
    Last edited by Broadhead; 04-10-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    optowalt and Zone9DeerSlayer like this.
    Treat fellow hunters the way you would like to be treated.

Member #
    .dealing with this now
    Last edited by georgecm; 04-11-2016 at 06:09 AM.

Member #
    Iam dealing with this now is my rental. 7k for a new roof, flat roof. They chewed through the ceiling joists , so the roof saggged, and started to leak, new ceiling joists plus the decking. so i had to pay extra for that. They actually chewed through the ceiling and got into the back room. Between that and the piss soaked sheetrock, i had the get the whole ceiling redone. That was another $1800. They started on the ceiling fan wiring, but we got it in time before a fire, so that was a $500 bill to rewire that , they shredded the soffits up in the eves to get in, so i had to pay for all new soffits, fascia boards, and gutters, because they fell down when the fascia boards couldnt support them. And now those lil effers are back, destroyed my new soffits and one fascia board again. THERE WILL BE NO HAVE A HEART TRAPPING. Theyre up to almost 11k in damages.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecm View Post
    Iam dealing with this now is my rental. 7k for a new roof, flat roof. They chewed through the ceiling joists , so the roof saggged, and started to leak, new ceiling joists plus the decking. so i had to pay extra for that. They actually chewed through the ceiling and got into the back room. Between that and the piss soaked sheetrock, i had the get the whole ceiling redone. That was another $1800. They started on the ceiling fan wiring, but we got it in time before a fire, so that was a $500 bill to rewire that , they shredded the soffits up in the eves to get in, so i had to pay for all new soffits, fascia boards, and gutters, because they fell down when the fascia boards couldnt support them. And now those lil effers are back, destroyed my new soffits and one fascia board again. THERE WILL BE NO HAVE A HEART TRAPPING. Theyre up to almost 11k in damages.
    Do you have any overhanging tree limbs within 4 to 6 feet of the roof? If so, cut them back or cut the trees down.
    just plumb killer likes this.
    "The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Member #
    Are you definitely sure their squirrels? I had mice in the attic and they sounded like they weighed 10lbs walking around.

Member #
    .dealing with this now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarhunt View Post
    Do you have any overhanging tree limbs within 4 to 6 feet of the roof? If so, cut them back or cut the trees down.
    spent 4k in removing all trees. This is a brick row house, so they can come from the far end, but mostly they climb right up the brick face. Woods across street in front, and the back of the house is up against woods, tons of squirrels.

Member #
    HOLY SH*T!! Seriously, I had no idea they can cause that much damage. Now I have to get real serious about the situation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsors