Non-resident CCW for NJ Resident - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Non-resident CCW for NJ Resident

Member #
    I sent my application in two weeks. Check is cashed. I might get Utah soon as well

Member #
    I got it yesterday...

Member #
    I just heard from a friend that PA did away with accepting NH non-resident permits. Anyone know any details on this I can't find anything about it online?

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Correct. PA will only honor permits of residents of states they recognize. No non resident CCW of any state besides PA is recognized. PA will issue non-resident with proof of CCW from resident's home state. NJ residents are SOL in PA! Also PA has declared state of emergency so no open carry either. See PA AG's page.

Member #
    State of emergency for what?
    CCW UT, FL, AZ, NH

Member:
    NRA
    NJ2AS

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfish25 View Post
    State of emergency for what?
    Opioid crisis. Pennsy has entered the fold and gone full libtard. The front lines have moved westward.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
    I just heard from a friend that PA did away with accepting NH non-resident permits for sig p365. Anyone know any details on this I can't find anything about it online?
    Agreed, i heard the same but didn`t know any info about that.

Member #
    At the PA attorney general site they have a map of what they accept. At this point they don't accept any non-resident permits at all.

Member #
    This is off the home page of https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Media_and_Resources/Firearm_Reciprocity_Agreements/" It's PA's site explaining who can carry and what they can carry:

"Where Pennsylvania grants reciprocity to another state’s concealed carry licenses (whether through written reciprocity agreement or mutual statutory reciprocity) only individuals who are both residents of the state and 21 years of age or older may carry a concealed firearm in Pennsylvania. Also, the reciprocity status in Pennsylvania may be different for different types of concealed carry licenses issued by states that offer multiple types of concealed carry licenses."

They they no longer honor any non-resident permits from anyone.

Member #
    The question of whether or not a state that has a reciprocating agreement for carry with the state with the states I have a nonresident carry permit in, will honor my permit has bothered me for a while. What I have taken to do is when planning a trip I email the attorney general's office of each state in question and ask them directly. I have gotten some resounding "NO!" and some very friendly "sure no problem. Thanks for asking.". But other states have never answered. I've been digging for an answer and finally found a site which explains it. It also has links to others to verify. I had a packet from Arizona mailed to me because I heard their ccw is honored in over 30 other states and is easier to get than the Utah one everyone is getting. But as it turns out the nonresident permit is only honored in about 5 of those 30+ states. Many people I speak with tell me I'm wrong and full of s**t. I think they're in denial. But, as I said I have contacted these states and have it in writing from the AG's offices. I strongly encourage everyone wishing to travel with a nonresident permit to first check it out. Also in their reply be sure they acknowledge they are speaking of nonresident permit in their answer. Good luck.

The site is: Gun Sense - Mark Shean & Son

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsors