Best Rangefinder for hunting purpose?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best Rangefinder for hunting purpose?

Member #

Best Rangefinder for hunting purpose?

Hi!

I have checked many latest rangefinders and want to buy best one, someone suggest me Nikon brand, i check in https://10rangefinders.com/best-rangefinders/ blog where different kinds of rangefinders but i am still confused which one best for me? any body have experience with anyone?

Member #
    You stuck on Nikon? For bow hunting/medium range rifle I use the Sig Kilo. Very accurate and easy to use. If your just looking for bowhunting and possibly shotgunning, Nikon should treat you fine. Which model?? Im not to familiar with them, so I'd suggest something with a ballistics compensation( measures angle and give you true yardage)
    Always remember,, if it states 800 yrds, it's probably good to 5-600 yrds. The amount it's rated at is in real perfect conditions which we'll never see when we need it.
    Good luck
    LET EM GO SO THEY CAN GROW!!

xXx
    Member #
    I have a leupold 1200, honestly its pretty much overkill. Unless you are doing long range, or want to use it for golf, I would say any cheap one will do. The high end stuff has a ton of options, or available uses that I never really use.
    -I had a good quote, but Hillary deleted it-

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

N.R.A. endowment patriot lifetime member.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have a cheapo $99 simmons, so far so good. What good is ranging a deer at 250 yds when ya have a bow in your hand?
    archer36 and ottercreeks like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecm View Post
    I have a cheapo $99 simmons, so far so good. What good is ranging a deer at 250 yds when ya have a bow in your hand?
    Bought an inexpensive Bushnell from a member a year or so ago and it serves it purposes !
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    Yea , as long as they are accurate out to 30-40 yards iam good. I dont shoot any further then that.
    RPK0620 likes this.

Member #
    Looks like OP is Bot. He even has the link in his profile

Member #
    I checked out Nikon MONARCH 3000 Stabilized while helping Nikon out at SHOT Show and I promise you it is all it is reported to be. I have been using the 7iVR rangefinder for 18 months, the industries first stabilized rangefinder by the way. The new one is leaps and bounds above the 7iVR in features and capabilities. I'm still hoping to get my hands on one soon, they have truly been going out as fast as they have been coming in. As some of you who have asked me question's in the past already know, I do no sales. I'm just trying to let you know about product's that might be helpful to your hunting situations. Drop me a note any time and I'll do my best to answer your questions.
    Bart
    Nikon Pro Staff

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecm View Post
    Unless you are hunting out West with a rifle and plan on making 400+ yrad shots, there is no need for a high priced rangefinder. If you notice, the longer the rangefinder works, the more expensive it is. A 450 yd one is plenty for use in NJ.
    Enjoy life. It has an expiration date.

Member #
    I just got the Vortex Ranger 1000 Rangefinders. I haven't had a chance to use it yet though. I like their warranty; if anything happens they will fix or replace it for free.
    kenny10177 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors