Expanded Hunting on refuges threatened respond Aug 15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Expanded Hunting on refuges threatened respond Aug 15

Member #

Expanded Hunting on refuges threatened respond Aug 15

Although there are not any proposals for NJ Refuges this time around, it is still important that you participate in this policy process. It is of prime importance to expand hunting opportunity and those who oppose this expansion also fight to kick us off existing public hunting lands. If you notice, many of the anti-hunters are commenting but not from any of the affected states, therefore so should you. Additionally, many of the proposals seem to emulate Wallkill, which lies partially in NJ and partially in NY , in that no upland bird or webless migratory game bird hunting is allowed, and although in NY dogs can be used during Fall turkey season - there is a pattern of prohibiting dogs except for waterfowl and mourning dove hunting.

New access, public hunting land, and expanded hunting opportunity is PENDING APPROVAL, but the antis are working to block it! You have until August 15 to influence the outcome!

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, proposes to add 1 national wildlife refuge to the list of areas open for hunting, and increase the hunting activities available at 12 other NWRs, open 1 refuge to fishing for the first time, and add pertinent refuge-specific regulations for other NWRs that pertain to migratory game bird hunting, upland game hunting, big game hunting, and sport fishing for the 2016-2017 season.

NY Dove Hunting recommends that in your comment you also cite the following laws:

National Wildlife Refuge System Improvement Act of 1997 (Public Law 105-57) Explanation: This Act declares HUNTING a “Priority Public Use of National Wildlife Refuges”.

The Hunting Heritage and Wildlife Conservation Executive Order 13443 of August 16, 2007 directs the Department of the Interior and its component agencies, bureaus and offices “to facilitate the expansion and enhancement of hunting opportunities and the management of game species and their habitat.”

It is important that you participate in this policy process by submitting your comments as described below. The comments received will influence the FWS’s decision whether or not to enact each proposal, despite the authority of the National Wildlife Refuge System Improvement Act of 1997 and the Hunting Heritage and Wildlife Conservation Executive Order 13443.

Comments received or postmarked on or before August 15, 2016.

Submit comments by one of the following methods:
    Electronically: Go to the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. In the Search box, type in FWS-HQ-NWRS-2016-0007, which is the docket number for this rulemaking. Then click on the Search button. On the resulting screen, find the correct document and submit a comment by clicking on “Comment Now!”

By hard copy: Submit by U.S. mail or hand delivery: Public Comments Processing, Attn: FWS-HQ-NWRS-2016-0007; Division of Policy, Performance, and Management Programs; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 5275 Leesburg Pike, MS: BPHC; Falls Church, VA 22041-3803.

Email or faxes are NOT accepted.

All comments can be read at: https://www.regulations.gov/docketBr...NWRS-2016-0007

Comments are already available to be read at this link. The anti-hunters and the bird watchers are weighing in much heavier than hunters to stop these new hunting opportunities.
    Last edited by mike rossi; 08-01-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    1798 - An Act of the General Assembly "suppressing immorality" makes it unlawful to shoot, hunt or gun, or to take fish, on Sunday.

Is it not time you sign the petition? Use the link below to sign:

http://newjerseysundayhuntingforall.weebly.com/sign-the-petition-to-allow-sunday-firearm-hunting.html

Member #
    I know im wasting my time as you wont ever be back to refute any of what i have to say but ill say it any way...

most of you will remember a thread from a while back regarding this dodo (mike rossi) wanting to "expand hunting opportunities" in new jersey by getting sunday waterfowl hunting passed. Mike swore up and down that adding sundays wouldnt scare birds off or add undue pressure to water fowl. now for the fun part, mike posted about this on duckboats.net yesterday. Part of his write up included how his NY dove hunting movement group collectively commented that they should NOT up the number of hunting days allowed on montezuma NWR from 3 to 7 days because they are afraid of the pressure moving the birds off the refuge (conveniently that was left out of this write up by him). Just further proof that mike only has himself, his group, and possibly new york state in mind when he spews his garbage on this site and he shouldnt be trusted. Im not saying what he isnt talking about now isnt good (it might not be, i dont know enough yet to make a decision) im just saying that mike is a lying scum bag and cant be trusted

New access, public hunting land, and expanded hunting opportunity is PENDING APPROVAL, but the antis are working to block it! You have until August 15 to influence the outcome!*

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, proposes to add 1 national wildlife refuge to the list of areas open for hunting, and increase the hunting activities available at 12 other NWRs, open 1 refuge to fishing for the first time, and add pertinent refuge-specific regulations for other NWRs that pertain to migratory game bird hunting, upland game hunting, big game hunting, and sport fishing for the 2016-2017 season.*
    One of the proposals to expand hunting opportunity is for Montezuma NWR which is located west of Syracuse.*

For Your Information:*

There are no proposals to create opportunities for upland game birds and webless migratory game birds at Montezuma NWR. (Although there is a proposal to allow fall turkey hunting). NY Dove Hunting commented that the FWS should create opportunities for these game species, including a stipulation allowing the use of hunting dogs.*

There is also a proposal to change the number of goose hunting days from three to seven. Currently both ducks and geese can be hunted three days a week at Montezuma. We commented that we believe three days is of greater benefit to the hunter, because it manages hunting pressure better and the geese (as well as the ducks) will hold on the refuge longer.*

NY Dove Hunting recommends that in your comment you also cite the following laws:*

National Wildlife Refuge System Improvement Act of 1997 (Public Law 105-57) Explanation: This Act declares HUNTING a “Priority Public Use of National Wildlife Refuges”.*

The Hunting Heritage and Wildlife Conservation Executive Order 13443 of August 16, 2007 directs the Department of the Interior and its component agencies, bureaus and offices “to facilitate the expansion and enhancement of hunting opportunities and the management of game species and their habitat.”*

It is important that you participate in this policy process by submitting your comments as described below. The comments received will influence the FWS’s decision whether or not to enact each proposal, despite the authority of the National Wildlife Refuge System Improvement Act of 1997 and the Hunting Heritage and Wildlife Conservation Executive Order 13443.*

Comments received or postmarked on or before August 15, 2016.*
    i bolded the section of text most relevant to his lying ways

here is the link to his write up on duckboats.net: duckboats.net: Main Forums: Duck Boat/Hunting Forum: Expanded Refuge Hunting Opportunity Threatened act by Aug 15

Member #
    Bustedddddd......
    "When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed over night" U.S. Marines.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Why you backstabbing, two faced, son of a ........
    You see the size of that GOSH DARN chicken?

Member #
    I'm still waiting for my assunpink shirt.
    “If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking.” ― General George Patton

Member #
    Fraud...but most already knew it

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblehead View Post
    I know im wasting my time as you wont ever be back to refute any of what i have to say but ill say it any way...

most of you will remember a thread from a while back regarding this dodo (mike rossi) wanting to "expand hunting opportunities" in new jersey by getting sunday waterfowl hunting passed. Mike swore up and down that adding sundays wouldnt scare birds off or add undue pressure to water fowl. now for the fun part, mike posted about this on duckboats.net yesterday. Part of his write up included how his NY dove hunting movement group collectively commented that they should NOT up the number of hunting days allowed on montezuma NWR from 3 to 7 days because they are afraid of the pressure moving the birds off the refuge (conveniently that was left out of this write up by him). Just further proof that mike only has himself, his group, and possibly new york state in mind when he spews his garbage on this site and he shouldnt be trusted. Im not saying what he isnt talking about now isnt good (it might not be, i dont know enough yet to make a decision) im just saying that mike is a lying scum bag and cant be trusted

i bolded the section of text most relevant to his lying ways

here is the link to his write up on duckboats.net: duckboats.net: Main Forums: Duck Boat/Hunting Forum: Expanded Refuge Hunting Opportunity Threatened act by Aug 15
    Bubble, I caught that on DB as well....Glad you brought this up...sort of shameful BUT admittedly, I am actually tired of arguing with this guy. I've made my points, validated my position and said my piece. I'm letting my hope rest on what we've presented. I hope that the folks who have followed that particular "discussion" see who put forth clear and lucid arguments and who did not.....while some are busy organizing 4 guy duck boat circle jerks and dove hunting petitions...Other's are fighting bullshit "marine sanctuary" proposals and advocating when necessary for tighter restrictions based on empirical data(ie sea ducks) Carry on
    Last edited by Deuce N Ducks; 08-01-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    Being friendly and being a friend are two different things......The fox acts friendly towards the lamb..... The Wolf does not. More often the fox ends up with the Lamb chop. Not the wolf.

Member #
    Lying dove boy.

Member #
    First of all, I dont know who inserted the links from "viglink" in my post, but I would not click on them. The links to the FWS I did put in obviously.

Second, managing hunting pressure on one refuge is not the same as a statewide ban on Sunday hunting. I do not hunt the same area two days in a row but I cannot stop others from coming in behind or in front of me, that is why I scout like hell. Next I will get this crap about jersey being a small state and all that - well its more like you all want the convenient spots and don't want to work.

All that flies in your face when the topic of this post is expanding hunting opportunity - instead of focusing on the germane, you go rant off on a ad hominon attack. The more quality habitat we all have to hunt, the less Sunday hunting or any other land competition issues there are. When the discussion is diverted from that topic, it impacts the ability to expand hunting land so that all that become less of an issue. So lets work together on the things we do agree about, woulndt that be a radical idea....

The states that do not weigh in, is were the humane society is going to focus, as it will be perceived as lack of interest and organization. Can NJ afford anymore loss of hunting opportunity? It would be wise to take advantage of this opportunity to weigh in, that is all I can say.

As far as the t shirt, if the minimum order was reached you should have already received your shirt, however, I believe that shirt was not popular and did not print, but you should have been notified your order was cancelled. If you were billed and not refunded, contact t spring. But I doubt that happened.
    1798 - An Act of the General Assembly "suppressing immorality" makes it unlawful to shoot, hunt or gun, or to take fish, on Sunday.

Is it not time you sign the petition? Use the link below to sign:

http://newjerseysundayhuntingforall.weebly.com/sign-the-petition-to-allow-sunday-firearm-hunting.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mike rossi View Post

Second, managing hunting pressure on one refuge is not the same as a statewide ban on Sunday hunting. I do not hunt the same area two days in a row but I cannot stop others from coming in behind or in front of me, that is why I scout like hell. Next I will get this crap about jersey being a small state and all that - well its more like you all want the convenient spots and don't want to work.
    All I was pointing out was that part of your previous argument was that pressure won't push birds out of an area. Yet you blatantly stated in your DB.net post that you believe the exact oposite. I find it curious that you neglected to include that portion of your write up on this site... If you want to be taken seriously by anyone anywhere you need to stop getting caught lying constantly. Like I said, I don't know anything about this turkey and coot hunting bill what I do know is eventually you'll be back to try to scam the good hunters of NJ with a T shirt to raise money for dove hunting in NY or whatever your next scam is and I'll be here to shut it down

Oh yeah no one tried to buy your dumb shirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors